Shiny + Smartling translations

bcgalvin

Aug 25, 2016, 2:21:17 PM8/25/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Has anyone successfully integrated Shiny with Smartling (https://www.smartling.com/translation-software/)? At my work we use Smartling for all other reporting that needs translation but have never tried using it with Shiny. The use case is we have a popular app that allows users to create sales proposals and then download them as a LaTeX pdf report. The amount of text to be translated is pretty minimal so wouldn't be a huge headache to add a selectInput for language and then manually create the alternative versions but down the road might want to do something more elaborate. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!