?how to print from server.R and C++ code called by server.R?

AustinD

Sep 1, 2015, 12:04:52 PM9/1/15
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Hello again,

How do I print (for debugging purpose) to the "console" from server.R and within C++ (and C) code that is called by server.R?  The C++ (or C) code is loaded via "dynload" and called via ".c" method.

If I run the app using R studio locally then I can see the printed information on the R studio console.

With shiny server and the app installed on a virtual (or physical) ubuntu_server_version_14_04 machine, then accessed the app via another machine, I didn't see the printed info.  I don't know where the printed info went.  I used "cout" and "rprintf" in the code.

Thanks for any help.

Joe Cheng

Sep 1, 2015, 11:13:55 PM9/1/15
to AustinD, Shiny - Web Framework for R
Look for a log file under /var/log/shiny-server/*.log, while the app is actively running.