最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Manuel Haim

未読、
2011/07/29 5:16:152011/07/29
To: us...@shibboleth.net
Hi all,

just wondering about what a typical IdP's overall performance should
look like today...

We did some load testing using the Grinder, followed by some
optimizations of our IdP cluster, and we are currently getting an
overall throughput of about 55 logins per second. Even after 150.000
logins, the IdP cluster runs fine and stable (with a total of about 2GB
of RAM consumed on each node).

This is our cluster setup:

Hardware:
3 KVM virtual machines (idp, idp01, idp02), each running Debian
GNU/Linux (Squeeze):
idp: 4x QEMU Virtual CPU @2.5GHz, 1GB RAM, 1GB Swap
idp01: 4x QEMU Virtual CPU @2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 1GB Swap
idp02: 4x QEMU Virtual CPU @2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 1GB Swap

Software:
idp: Pound 2.5 (reverse proxy / load balancer / SSL wrapper)
idp01, idp02: OpenJDK 6b18, IdP 2.3.2, Tomcat 6.0.28 (-Xms256m
-Xmx1536m), Memcached 1.4.5 (-m 1024), IdP Memcached StorageService
(Terracotta alternative)

This is our software stack:
User --HTTPS--> idp:Pound --HTTP--> (idp01|idp02):Tomcat:IdP -->
(idp01|idp02):Memcached

Maybe some of you could also share some measures?

-Manuel

Peter Schober

未読、
2011/07/31 12:03:512011/07/31
To: us...@shibboleth.net
Manuel,

Interesting post. Can't add any metrics currently but a question wrt
your Memcached StorageService:

* Manuel Haim <ha...@hrz.uni-marburg.de> [2011-07-29 11:16]:

> Memcached 1.4.5 (-m 1024), IdP Memcached StorageService
> (Terracotta alternative)

Are you replicating memcached's content between memcached instances
somehow, e.g. using the repcached patches[1]? If not how is this an
alternative to Terracotta (as you'd only be shifting a SPOF from one
IdP to one memcached instaance.)

I know SimpleSAMLphp can be set up to use replicated memcached
instances (though I can't find the docs on the current site) but the
replication code had to be added to SimpleSAMLphp, AFAIR.
-peter

[1] http://repcached.lab.klab.org/

Manuel Haim

未読、
2011/08/01 4:47:132011/08/01
To: Shib Users
Hi Peter,

I've put my answer on the "IdP Memcached StorageService" thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/shibboleth-users/browse_thread/thread/5323f4bf53492460

Looking forward to see your metrics some day.

-Manuel

全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送