[Shib-Users] Error Message: Error decoding authentication request message shibboleth idp2.1.2

Peddi, Vasuda

Mar 26, 2009, 7:22:23 AM3/26/09
to shibbole...@internet2.edu

Hello Guys

Sorry for silly questions, we are trying to install idp2.1.2, we are getting following error message when we are try to test idp.

we are getting the error when we browse /idp/profile/Shibboleth/SSO

on the browser it shows the following error message instead of login page

                Error Message: Error decoding authentication request message

in idp-process.log we are seeing fallowing error message,  any advise is much appreciated.

11:08:03.853 - DEBUG [org.opensaml.ws.message.decoder.BaseMessageDecoder:72] - Beginning to decode message from inbound transport of type: org.opensaml.ws.transport.http.HttpServletRequestAdapter

11:08:03.854 - ERROR [edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.profile.saml1.ShibbolethSSODecoder:71] - No providerId parameter given in Shibboleth SSO authentication request.

11:08:03.869 - ERROR [edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.profile.saml1.ShibbolethSSOProfileHandler:207] - Error decoding Shibboleth SSO request

org.opensaml.ws.message.decoder.MessageDecodingException: No providerId parameter given in Shibboleth SSO authentication request.

Thanks and regards

Vasuda

Chad La Joie

Mar 26, 2009, 7:25:27 AM3/26/09
to shibbole...@internet2.edu
Yep, that error too means exactly what it says. It's trying to decode
an authentication request. If you point your browser at the URL it's
going to give you that error because you aren't sending any
authentication request.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities

Peter Schober

Mar 26, 2009, 7:41:56 AM3/26/09
to shibbole...@internet2.edu
* Peddi, Vasuda <vpe...@essex.ac.uk> [2009-03-26 12:23]:

> Sorry for silly questions, we are trying to install idp2.1.2, we are
> getting following error message when we are try to test idp.
>
> we are getting the error when we browse /idp/profile/Shibboleth/SSO

Where does it say that browsing to this URL is a way to test the IdP?
-peter

Peddi, Vasuda

Mar 26, 2009, 7:45:05 AM3/26/09
to shibbole...@internet2.edu
Thanks Chad

How to test IDP , with out going to SP ?

for status we use /idp/profile/Status and it work.

We want to test the SSO, how to do this?

Cheers

Vasdua

Chad La Joie

Mar 26, 2009, 7:50:39 AM3/26/09
to shibbole...@internet2.edu
You use a service provider. There isn't any other way to test it.