OPEN CALL: BARN BUTT CHALLENGE

Ginny Benson

Apr 5, 2016, 3:54:03 PM4/5/16
 Please repost and share with anyone who might be interested :)

‘Silent Barn Butt Challenge’

Silent Barn seeks fun and innovative designs to help curb cigarette litter.

Each night we are inundated with hundreds of cigarette butts left behind by careless smokers. In an effort to keep our outdoor area clean and provide proper receptacles for cigarette disposal, we are posting an open call for design-savvy ashtrays. Proposals should take into account ‘butt psychology’ by considering placement in the Yard and encouraging, not just accommodating, disposal. The selected proposal will be eye-catching and intriguing, yet functional—luring smokers to inspect and interact.

Selected designs will be provided with a small budget for materials and fabrication, in addition to an artist fee. Designs should be weatherproof and easily maneuverable by a single person. All questions can be directed to barn...@gmail.com

Submissions should include at least two drawings or renderings and a short written description. Please include your name and contact information and feel free to share links to previous work.

Email all materials to barn...@gmail.com. Thanks for taking care of our butts.

buts silent-cafe.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 3.39.46 PM.png
cigarette-butt-voting-neat-streets-london-fb__700.jpg
candle.jpg
20160327_022351.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 3.42.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 3.45.54 PM.png