Error on setup

Ricardo A. Hermosilla Carrillo

Apr 7, 2012, 1:28:25 PM4/7/12
to shelr
When I try to setup the API key in shelr, this error appears:

/usr/bin/shelr:5:in `require': no such file to load -- rubygems
(LoadError)
from /usr/bin/shelr:5

Anton Vasiljev

Apr 7, 2012, 2:16:13 PM4/7/12
to sh...@googlegroups.com
Oh. What system do you use? How did you installed shelr?

Ricardo A. Hermosilla Carrillo

Apr 7, 2012, 2:24:44 PM4/7/12
to sh...@googlegroups.com
I'm using Ubuntu 11.10 and I installed shelr via ppa following this tutorial

--
Best Regards,
Ricardo A. Hermosilla Carrillo

Ricardo A. Hermosilla Carrillo

Apr 7, 2012, 3:42:06 PM4/7/12
to sh...@googlegroups.com
After doing some research, I maneged to find the solution:

$ sudo apt-get install rubygems libruby-extras
$ sudo gem install json

I also tried compiling the source code, but there were many errors. Maybe I missed some libraries.

Anton Vasiljev

Apr 8, 2012, 6:19:51 AM4/8/12
to sh...@googlegroups.com
Update to newer shelr with 'sudo gem install shelr' it should fix the issue.

If not, post your stacktrace again.

Thanks for your interest :)

Anton Vasiljev

Apr 28, 2012, 10:58:12 PM4/28/12
to sh...@googlegroups.com
Bug should be fixed in PPA. Please update.
Make sure you removed shelr binary from /usr/local/bin/shelr or/and other locations.