Shaw Conversations

15 visninger
Gå til det første ulæste opslag

Lawrence Johnson

ulæst,
19. okt. 2014, 01.27.3419.10.2014
til Shawtalk
Over 70 residents of Shaw spent two and a half hours at TWAS on this beautiful, Fall morning sharing their thoughts and feelings concerning the shooting and subsequent responses in the neighborhood and discussing ways to move forward as a united community.

A report on the on-going conversations will be forthcoming, but themes that arose in our discussions included: saying "hi" to and getting to know one's neighbors; developing programs & services for youth; improving relations with police; and SNIA embarking upon outreach & community building programs.

While the diversity of the neighborhood is one of its attractions, there's a recognition that we need to address the unconscious, racial perceptions that are keeping us apart. The Shaw Conversations will continue on Nov. 1st & 15th and Dec. 6th at TWAS. Please join us...

Lawrence
Svar alle
Svar til forfatter
Videresend