Shoptalk End of Life

Dave Lloyd

Apr 29, 2016, 2:42:35 PM4/29/16
to shaw...@googlegroups.com
All:

Times change. Years ago, this list serve was started as a way to foster discussion in our neighborhood. We started out on a list maintained by the City of St. Louis, transitioned to Google Groups, and now finally, Nextdoor is the most widely used electronic tool for communicating in our neighborhood. Over the last five months, there has been one post to the Shawtalk list. I think it is time we say goodbye.

The list archives will be maintained, but I will be changing the group so that members can only read, not post, one week from today.

I wish you all well,

Dave Lloyd

Patricia A. Watson

Apr 29, 2016, 3:33:49 PM4/29/16
to Dave Lloyd, shaw...@googlegroups.com
Thank YOU!!!!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Shaw Neighborhood" group.

mebre...@aol.com

Apr 29, 2016, 3:54:40 PM4/29/16
to shaw...@googlegroups.com
Dave thanks so much for having started and monitoring it.
Mary Brake

David Ray

Apr 29, 2016, 4:07:13 PM4/29/16
to shaw...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for maintaining & moderating the group in it's many forms through the years!

David Ray

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Shaw Neighborhood" group.

Only when the last tree has been cut down and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Cree Indian Proverb

Kevin McKinney

Apr 29, 2016, 5:10:07 PM4/29/16
to shaw...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your hard work as Moderator. Heard Sean Thomas had somethings to do with the start up. Thanks!

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Shaw Neighborhood" group.

Kevin B. McKinney, President/CEO
Housing 202 Ltd.
4101A Shenandoah Ave.
Saint Louis, MO 63110
cell 314.308.9894
www.housing202ltd
Friend us on Facebook @Housing 202 Ltd.
Follow us on Twitter @housing202Ltd.

"if it would be easy, then every one would be doing it"

Support the Friends of Tower Grove Park,
South City YMCA, St. Louis Public Radio,
and The 8th Ward.

Sue Raney

Apr 29, 2016, 11:32:49 PM4/29/16
to Shaw Neighborhood
Thanks Dave--you did a great job for many years, and I know it wasn't always easy!
Enjoy having some extra free time.
Sue Raney

Sent from Samsung tablet

Susan Turk

Apr 30, 2016, 1:44:23 AM4/30/16
to shaw...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Dave.
Sorry to see it go. I think Shawtalk as a Shaw only group is far superior to ND, 90% of whose messages I delete without opening and then there is the neighborliness of knowing the senders email address and being able to respond to them privately without having to waste time by going to a website to private message. Nor do I want to know when someone in Forest Park Southeast hears a gun shot or someone on Chippewa loses a parakeet.
But that's just old fashioned me.

susan

Subject: [shawtalk] Shoptalk End of Life
To: "shaw...@googlegroups.com" <shaw...@googlegroups.com>