I'm not dead - some updates

149 visningar

Joseph Gentle

oläst,
28 nov. 2014 05:49:152014-11-28
till sha...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!

I haven't replied to anyone's sharejs emails and such for a few weeks
now. I've been really busy figuring out what I'm doing next year, and
taking a little break from being an adult about everything. I have
some reasonably exciting news, but I don't want to announce anything
until its confirmed. I'll catch up on email and do some opensource
stewarding when I land in Aus on Tuesday.

Some updates:

I've been doing bits and pieces of work on the new JSON type -
although its probably still a little ways out. It depends on how much
time I end up working on it.

I've done most of the cleanups for ShareJS 0.8, although there's some
outstanding bugs I know about that I'd like to fix (notably one of the
sharejs middlewares has a race condition, and I need to sort that
out). I'd like to spend a chunk of december putting sharejs into a
stable state and then putting out 1.0. There's a lot of bits and
pieces that need love to make this happen. Specifically, we need more
test coverage, livedb needs multi-server cursor support and there's a
couple of bug fixes that need to land. We also need to update all the
examples to use sharejs 0.7's new / changed APIs and update the
website. All the examples are going to move to websockets and we need
some rich text examples.

I'm flying back to Australia on Sunday, and I'll be there for at least
the next few months. If I'm going to attend sharejs/derby office
hours, I think we'll need to move the time. 9am PST is 4am in Sydney.

I been giving a series of talks lately about using OT in modern web
apps, with some side demos about sharejs & react and stuff. I spoke at
the online JS summit a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, I think the
video is only accessible to attendees. YMMV:
https://connectpro95633937.adobeconnect.com/_a937420511/p1ffshun29a/
Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/sineltor/the-future-will-be-realtime-collaborative

I wrote a blog post yesterday about an awesome IDE I want to make at
some point building off features in sharejs. I find these sort of
ideas really exciting, and I'd love to hear some feedback:
https://josephg.com/blog/cleaner-ides-part-2/

-J

Hochhaus, Andy

oläst,
29 nov. 2014 10:59:092014-11-29
till sha...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 5:48 AM, Joseph Gentle <jos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I been giving a series of talks lately about using OT in modern web
> apps, with some side demos about sharejs & react and stuff. I spoke at
> the online JS summit a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, I think the
> video is only accessible to attendees. YMMV:
> https://connectpro95633937.adobeconnect.com/_a937420511/p1ffshun29a/
> Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/sineltor/the-future-will-be-realtime-collaborative

Any chance these could be mirrored to youtube (or similar) for those
who did not attend?

-Andy

Clemens

oläst,
30 nov. 2014 07:48:142014-11-30
till sha...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update, Joseph!

Wout Mertens

oläst,
30 nov. 2014 08:41:032014-11-30
till sha...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014, 11:49 Joseph Gentle <jos...@gmail.com> wrote:

I wrote a blog post yesterday about an awesome IDE I want to make at
some point building off features in sharejs. I find these sort of
ideas really exciting, and I'd love to hear some feedback:

https://josephg.com/blog/cleaner-ides-part-2/

Wow that's a great idea! I'm currently struggling with defining a syntax highlighting grammar for Nix in Sublime Text and it would be so much better to let the compiler handle that. All the other things you say make lots of sense too.

BTW, did you know that github's Atom editor is written in CoffeeScript, running under NodeJS as a standalone app? :-D (it uses textmate/Sublime Text regex-based syntax highlighting which can't implement a proper state machine, so a nice candidate for this idea)

Wout.

Svara alla
Svara författaren
Vidarebefordra