Stream API/Primus support

Aslak Hellesøy

Dec 30, 2013, 8:06:18 AM12/30/13
to sha...@googlegroups.com, opens...@3rd-eden.com
I know there are various efforts to make ShareJS work with more transports than Browserchannel. I recently came across Primus[1] which looks pretty solid. It's a facade for various transports such as WebSocket, Browserchannel, SockJS etc.

Instead of offering a WebSocket-like API, it implements the Node.js Stream API - both for the server and client library.

I'm willing to try to tease apart ShareJS' dependency on Browserchannel to make it easier to plug in other transports such as a Stream based transport (which *could* be Primus or anything else). Would this be a welcome change? Anyone want to help?

Aslak