New ShareJS-backed writing tool out in the wild (a bit of shameless plug)

Pedro Machado Santa

Mar 17, 2016, 7:03:38 AM3/17/16
to ShareJS
Hi community!

Sorry for a bit of shameless plug here, but, in a sense of showcasing ShareJS in the wild and what cool projects are being built with the help of it, I wanted to share our Reedsy book editor with you (launched last month). It allows authors to write and work on books, and then export to both ePub and print-ready PDF files for free. You can watch a demo video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tcHG1dLwwc and give it a spin here https://reedsy.com/write-a-book (I’m afraid you have to sign up as an ‘author’ and create a book, though… :/ ).

This initial version still doesn’t have all the collaborative features we’re planning for it (although it’s already build around ShareJS and Quill, o/ Jason Chen!, down to the core) as we are still working on them and plan to release them in the coming months – but feel free to reply if you want to know more!

Building this project has been a heck of an (exciting!) adventure, and we’re incredible happy (and amazed) with ShareJS and want to keep increasing our contributions back to the community. Oh, and if using the best of collaborative technologies to build empowering tools for authors is something that sounds appealing to you, please feel free to reach out! You can also take a look at our AngelList job board https://angel.co/reedsy/jobs.

Cheers.

Pedro Machado Santa

Frontend Web Developer, Fullstack Engineer @ Reedsy

Nate Smith

Mar 18, 2016, 3:28:47 PM3/18/16
to sha...@googlegroups.com
Thats fantastic, Pedro. Thanks for sharing! Looks really slick.