ShareJS 0.6 - How to getOps on the server side with Server API

Soroush Hat

Feb 25, 2014, 6:00:28 PM2/25/14
to sha...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I need to access all the ops in server side, but I can't find getOps call which according to the docs is the right call to get all the operations getOps(docName, start, end, callback)

Joseph Gentle

Feb 26, 2014, 8:02:05 PM2/26/14
to sha...@googlegroups.com
The method is model.getOps. You can get the model at server.model.

Soroush Hat

Feb 26, 2014, 11:23:41 PM2/26/14
to sha...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to show the history of all the actions on a single document. I'm using some color coding for the contributors, and the problem is that currently the only thing that ties an "operation" to it's source  is the connection random id in "meta", is there any way to replace this with user names when we are submitting the operations to the server?

Joseph Gentle

Feb 28, 2014, 7:29:45 PM2/28/14
to sha...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, you should be able to add your own data into the meta: property.
But I just had a look through the code and it doesn't look like the
0.6 client sends metadata back to the server. It'd be an easy change
if you want to give it a try.

Soroush Hat

Feb 28, 2014, 10:43:57 PM2/28/14
to sha...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, would you mind pointing me to the right direction to do this, I want to keep track of whoever submitOp to the document.

Soroush Hat

Feb 28, 2014, 11:27:57 PM2/28/14
to sha...@googlegroups.com
nvm, I did it, thanks.