Architecture questions

Samy Alzahrani

Mar 4, 2014, 12:43:52 AM3/4/14
to sha...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have some questions regarding allowing the backend to do some additional work along with sharejs, but I am confused on which is the best approach.
  • Should the client use the same BCSocket instance used by sharejs to send other messages? or is it better to create another BCSocket instance?
  • Is it better to run another server instance on the server at a different port and send the other work there?
  • Other options?
Thank you,

Samy

Joseph Gentle

Mar 5, 2014, 5:40:17 PM3/5/14
to sha...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 9:43 PM, Samy Alzahrani <samyal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some questions regarding allowing the backend to do some additional
> work along with sharejs, but I am confused on which is the best approach.
>
> Should the client use the same BCSocket instance used by sharejs to send
> other messages? or is it better to create another BCSocket instance?

Because of per-host connection limits, you're better off if you can
funnel all messages through one connection.

> Is it better to run another server instance on the server at a different
> port and send the other work there?

Up to you. It should work either way. But its better if the client
only has one stream to the backend. If you want to split a single
stream on the backend between multiple processes you'll add a fair bit
of complexity.

-J