ot: speaking of bike rental in foreign cities (zurich)

Visto 74 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Darrin Ward

no leída,
15 jun 2017, 9:41:1015/6/17
a SF2G
i am looking at renting a bike in zurich a weekend in the not to distant future.  i was wondering about renting a nice bike there and if anyone has experience?

i am more than aware of zuri rollt doing free bikes as the bike share bike.  i am more looking for a nice carbon.

thanks in advance,
darrin

Guilherme Germoglio

no leída,
15 jun 2017, 16:54:5415/6/17
a SF2G
I don't have first hand experience since I've brought my bike when here, but I saw people talking about:

- http://www.backyard.ch/ : close to the Google office, speak English, nice people, and they sell nice bikes too (so I would figure they would rent a subset of them as well)
- http://www.the-bike-store.ch/ki/Rennvelo-697.html: from another thread 'not super friendly people, especially if you don't speak fluent swiss german'

well, my guess is that I can't help on lending you a bike size 52, right?

Darrin Ward

no leída,
15 jun 2017, 17:25:0015/6/17
a Guilherme Mauro Germoglio Barbosa,SF2G
hahahahahahahahah 52.  i think i would have to shrink by a foot and a half.  i usually ride a 65 but can get by on a 63 depending on brand.

thanks for the offer and thanks for the recommendations.

---

Beckett Madden-Woods

no leída,
15 jun 2017, 20:26:3015/6/17
a dmw...@gmail.com,Guilherme Mauro Germoglio Barbosa,SF2G
Darrin... do also check the Google-internal cyclists-zrh mailing list for past inquiries, or maybe start a new thread.

---

Mark Kahn

no leída,
16 jun 2017, 1:50:1216/6/17
a SF2G
I rented through these guys 3 years ago and had a good experience: http://www.tempo-sport.ch/

scott :)

no leída,
16 jun 2017, 9:13:2716/6/17
a SF2G
Someone told me rapha has a program for high end bike rental in major cities.

Darrin Ward

no leída,
16 jun 2017, 9:52:1416/6/17
a Scott aka Boogers,SF2G
aware of the program.  its from rapha clubhouses which are actually in only a handful of major cities.

zurich is not one of them.  thanks for the suggestion though.

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 6:13 AM, scott :) <sc...@greenboogers.com> wrote:
Someone told me rapha has a program for high end bike rental in major cities.
---

Priscilla Mok

no leída,
19 jun 2017, 17:57:5519/6/17
a SF2G

I was just in Zurich and did the same research. This seemed to be promising:

http://velo-elsener.ch/ (I emailed them, they had Specialized bikes but not in my size)

In the end I emailed cyclists-zrh@ group and someone was nice enough to lend me one for some easy riding.
Responder a todos
Responder al autor