Bay Trail Bridge Closure at Hoteland

Russ

Sep 28, 2015, 12:39:48 PM9/28/15
to SF2G
Looks like they're going to be doing some construction on the pedestrian bridge in SSF connecting the office park to hoteland: https://goo.gl/maps/rQg1PHercGD2  The sign indicated it'll close Wed 9/30 at 6:30am.  It claimed it'll reopen on Thursday, but I should have double checked the date (could be more than a few days).  Moreover, start dates are more trustworthy than end dates.

Skyline and Colmaways will be safer bets for later in the week.  If anyone has more information, I'd appreciate it.  There's a sign at the bridge which might have more information, but I didn't stop fully this morning.

Peter Colijn

Sep 28, 2015, 12:58:12 PM9/28/15
to Russell Vernick, SF2G
Thanks for the heads up! May to consider re-routing FFFF somehow...

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 9:39 AM, 'Russ' via SF2G <sf...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Looks like they're going to be doing some construction on the pedestrian bridge in SSF connecting the office park to hoteland: https://goo.gl/maps/rQg1PHercGD2  The sign indicated it'll close Wed 9/30 at 6:30am.  It claimed it'll reopen on Thursday, but I should have double checked the date (could be more than a few days).  Moreover, start dates are more trustworthy than end dates.

Skyline and Colmaways will be safer bets for later in the week.  If anyone has more information, I'd appreciate it.  There's a sign at the bridge which might have more information, but I didn't stop fully this morning.

---

Kurt Wallace Martin

Sep 28, 2015, 1:06:28 PM9/28/15
to SF2G
Maybe they’ll finish the pavement!

Ben Breslauer

Sep 28, 2015, 1:07:07 PM9/28/15
to Peter Colijn, Russell Vernick, SF2G
It'll be October, seems like a good time for a Dawn of the Dead.

serena

Sep 28, 2015, 11:47:36 PM9/28/15
to rver...@yahoo.com, SF2G

--
IMG_6912.JPG

Stephen Grenholm

Sep 29, 2015, 12:02:36 AM9/29/15
to SF2G
Yet another example of the blatant discrimination against Pedesatrians.
Pedesatria itself was no picnic. And now this.

Kurt Wallace Martin

Sep 29, 2015, 1:25:23 AM9/29/15
to stephen....@gmail.com, SF2G
But didn’t a guy from Pedesatria just win the big bike race or something?

Brent Ledvina

Sep 30, 2015, 6:34:34 PM9/30/15
to kurtk...@gmail.com, stephen....@gmail.com, SF2G
Does anyone happen to know if the fence to the access road NW of the bridge is jumpable?

Brent

Robin Kutner

Oct 1, 2015, 12:26:43 PM10/1/15
to SF2G
fyi bridge was open this morning

Jed 'twothirds' Michnowicz

Oct 1, 2015, 4:10:04 PM10/1/15
to SF2G
Did they make any changes?

~jed

Zak Jarvis

Oct 1, 2015, 9:08:13 PM10/1/15
to SF2G
The bridge is open, but the north portion of the path looks closed with a fresh coat of tar on it -- though it looked pretty cured to me; didn't mark when I stepped on it.

The signs are still up as of Thursday @ 18:00.

scott :)

Oct 2, 2015, 1:04:27 PM10/2/15
to SF2G
They were paving half trail entering bridge, half open and other half is blocked off.