Brisbane Red Sign?

Kristen Azevedo

Mar 28, 2015, 10:45:22 PM3/28/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have a question that I cannot find an answer to and am hoping someone here has knowledge. I do the SF2(Stanford) route fairly often, using bayway, and every time I leave at dawn at around tunnel ave, near Caltrain Bayview, recycling plant, etc. I look to the hills on my right (going southbound) and I see what looks like a gigantic Google red map marker (or a huge target sign?)

Does someone know what the heck I'm referring to? It's driving me crazy.

Thanks,
Kristen
url.jpg

Patrick Kitto

Mar 28, 2015, 11:16:05 PM3/28/15
to kristen...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
Pic or its unclear.

---
<url.jpg>

Cara

Mar 29, 2015, 10:19:08 PM3/29/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
I think it is a heart. (it is up in the hills overlooking the lagoon). I have a picture but very blurry

Peter Chang

Mar 30, 2015, 2:50:18 PM3/30/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday, March 29, 2015 at 7:19:08 PM UTC-7, Cara wrote:
I think it is a heart. (it is up in the hills overlooking the lagoon).

yeah. i've never figured out when they light it up though.

\p

R Samuel Klatchko

Mar 31, 2015, 3:32:06 PM3/31/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
You are probably seeing one of the Brisbane stars. From Wikipedia:

Brisbane is called "The City of Stars" because of a holiday tradition established over 65 years ago. At the start of the Christmas/Hanukkah season, many residents and business owners place large, illuminated stars, some as big as 10 feet (3.0 m) or more in diameter, on the downhill sides of homes and offices throughout Brisbane. Many of the stars are kept up all year.