Thursday 4/24-Skyline/Sweeney, S3+/2-, 6:20 Valencia and 26th St

bonnie

Apr 23, 2014, 7:21:04 PM4/23/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com
I really want to do this before the fog season sets in for good.

This is a Hipster Skyline, going out Alemany.  Adds on an out and back on Sneath Lane which turns into a paved trail (Sweeney Ridge) with amazing views. The out and back adds about 40+ min to the ride, is all climbing/descending and a short bit is very steep.
Something like this:

If it is foggy, this ride will morph into a regular old skyline.

Bonnie

Ryan Minobe

Apr 23, 2014, 9:52:27 PM4/23/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 thanks for calling, excited to finally get up there.

Stefan

Apr 23, 2014, 11:19:14 PM4/23/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bonnie, I imagine a JD/S intercept is around 6:55?

bonnie

Apr 23, 2014, 11:46:29 PM4/23/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefan
Best guess is 6:50-6:55 intercept

Stefan

Apr 24, 2014, 12:53:23 AM4/24/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com
OK. Probably +.5
I'm riding in with my wife, and will hit Lincoln/Great Highway around 6:45 or so, meaning a possible 7:00 JD/S arrival.
Will try to catch you guys, but please don't wait.
-Stefan

aamir ali

Apr 24, 2014, 1:27:25 AM4/24/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com
I would join you but only for a vanilla Skyline. Am lugging my laptop to work tomorrow so don't think can climb Sweeney with that. Will try and intercept you at JD/S at 6:55

@Stefan: Are you planning on Sweeney or will do a vanilla Skyline?

Daniel A. Steffen

Apr 24, 2014, 1:47:06 AM4/24/14
to bon...@tmbox.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 @ San Jose & Randall (6:25)

may have to skip Sweeney in the interest of time

On Apr 23, 2014, at 20:46, bonnie <bon...@tmbox.com> wrote:

> Hi Stefan
> Best guess is 6:50-6:55 intercept
>
> --
> -- follow: http://twitter.com/sf2g | terms: http://sf2g.com/terms.html | bike prep: http://sf2g.com/bike-prep.html | unsub: http://groups.google.com/group/sf2g
> ---

Brian Salomaki

Apr 24, 2014, 3:17:04 AM4/24/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+something

I'm planning to start with you guys but will probably skip Sweeney and try to join Maciek somewhere around JD/S.

Stefan

Apr 24, 2014, 8:29:29 AM4/24/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com
If I can hit JDS by 6:55, or catch up with those guys, I'd like to try Sweeney. If I miss them, which is probably more likely, I'll do a regular Skyline (not sure what a Vanilla Skyline is ), meaning SAT and rollers.

Either way, I drop at Foster City via Crystal Springs.

aamir ali

Apr 24, 2014, 8:50:26 AM4/24/14
to stef...@gmail.com, SF2G

Vanilla Skyline is 2*280 and rollers, no SAT.  Will try and meet the group at 6:55 at JD/S.

If its misspelt it must bee mibile

On Apr 24, 2014 5:29 AM, "Stefan" <stef...@gmail.com> wrote:
If I can hit JDS by 6:55, or catch up with those guys, I'd like to try Sweeney. If I miss them, which is probably more likely, I'll do a regular Skyline (not sure what a Vanilla Skyline is ), meaning SAT and rollers.

Either way, I drop at Foster City via Crystal Springs.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SF2G" group.

Stefan

Apr 24, 2014, 3:41:16 PM4/24/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com, stef...@gmail.com
Hooked up with Stephen (unintentionally) at Sloat and tried to catch the group. We ended up doing a Vanilla, which was a nice change of pace. May have passed Bonnie's group if they took SAT.
Nice ride, but too bad about the fog.