Tue 10/10 (tomorrow) S2.5 BEX from KFR at 7am

Charles Guthrie

Oct 9, 2017, 2:06:00 PM10/9/17
to SF2G
I'm trying to make this a weekly Tuesday thing and I missed last week

Justin!

Oct 9, 2017, 3:05:51 PM10/9/17
to SF2G
How is the air quality looking? Is it safe to ride?

Justin!

Oct 9, 2017, 3:06:16 PM10/9/17
to SF2G
(Not a +1)

Daniel Hobe

Oct 9, 2017, 3:39:51 PM10/9/17
to A Roja, SF2G
Scott and I bailed on BEX today and took Caltrain from South SF.  All recommendations I've seen have said to limit your outside time and avoid heavy outdoor exertion.

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 12:06 PM, Justin! <roja...@gmail.com> wrote:
(Not a +1)

---

Daniel Hobe <ho...@gmail.com>

Charles Guthrie

Oct 10, 2017, 12:34:35 AM10/10/17
to SF2G
Ok I'm canceling for tomorrow.  Gonna try again Thursday.

Viet-Trung Luu

Oct 10, 2017, 1:14:23 AM10/10/17
to Daniel Hobe, A Roja, SF2G
It was quite bad this morning (luckily I was only going to SSF), but air quality (specifically, PM2.5, fine particular matter pollution levels) seems to be returning to more normal (though not particularly great) levels (largely due to a shift in winds, I think).

Viet-Trung Luu

Oct 10, 2017, 9:18:20 AM10/10/17
to SF2G
And ... it seems to be swinging back. Smells decidedly smoky now.

Rob

Oct 10, 2017, 9:31:26 AM10/10/17
to SF2G

On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 6:18:20 AM UTC-7, viettrungluu wrote:
And ... it seems to be swinging back. Smells decidedly smoky now.

yes, and https://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airnow.local_city&cityid=317 shows PM2.5 moderate / 64 (which is lower then anything I saw yesterday) while the news on tv lables SF (central coast) as unhealthy. It is unclear to me how much longer this is going to go on. With the northern counties still reporting that the fires are 0% contained and windier conditions returning tomorrow, seems like we are going to be dealing with this for the foreseeable future.

Viet-Trung Luu

Oct 10, 2017, 9:40:38 AM10/10/17
to Rob Manchester, SF2G
http://50.57.200.217/about-air-quality/current-air-quality/air-monitoring-data?DataViewFormat=daily&DataView=aqi&StartDate=10/10/2017&ParameterId=316&StationId=5011 is showing a huge swing back up (66 at 3 AM to 124 at 4 AM), which seems to correspond to reality. Unfortunately, data lags by a couple hours. The situation seems grim all around.