sawyer camp trail closue Aug 1 - Oct 28 (weekdays)

Jed 'twothirds' Michnowicz

Jul 21, 2016, 7:40:03 PM7/21/16
to SF2G

A mid-section of the Sawyer Camp Trail, from approximately mile 1-1/4 to mile 3-1/2 (by the Jepson Laurel) will be temporarily closed on weekdays for public safety during tree removal to complete preparation for habitat restoration over the following period:

Monday — Friday,
August 1 — October 28, 2016

http://sfwater.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentID=9211

Zak Jarvis

Jul 22, 2016, 4:23:31 PM7/22/16
to SF2G
Well, there goes my plan to use SAT and SCT to hammer my legs into hill-climbing shape this summer.

Andrew Stadler

Jul 22, 2016, 4:30:31 PM7/22/16
to Zak Jarvis, SF2G
Polhemus + Hallmark/Crestview + Emerald Hills for the leg-hammering win

---

Cordelia Link

Jul 22, 2016, 4:46:17 PM7/22/16
to SF2G, voidm...@gmail.com
Or just the rollers. SCT is what I take when I don't feel like climbing :)

Zak Jarvis

Jul 22, 2016, 4:58:45 PM7/22/16
to Cordelia Link, SF2G
Oh, right...

I'm doing an out & back down SAT and SCT, so I then climb back up that lovely descent.

It's in a nice sweet spot for my abilities. Hard enough to require serious grunt, but not so daunting I feel like wimping out.

I'd give the rollers a go, but I just can't work up enthusiasm for taking the bikable sections of the 280.

David Ahn

Jul 22, 2016, 5:02:47 PM7/22/16
to SF2G
You don't have to take 280 to do the rollers. You can come up Trousdale instead.

Patrick Lea

Jul 23, 2016, 3:44:39 PM7/23/16
to davi...@gmail.com, SF2G
You can also continue past Trousdale and go up Rivera Dr. Trousdale can be a little rough at the top sometimes, maybe is it just the time that the car buzzed Ben that is stuck in my memory.

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 2:02 PM, David Ahn <davi...@gmail.com> wrote:
You don't have to take 280 to do the rollers. You can come up Trousdale instead.

Zak Jarvis

Jul 23, 2016, 3:55:33 PM7/23/16
to patri...@gmail.com, davi...@gmail.com, SF2G
Well, it's definitely a long climb with an extra-steep bit at the end for grins and giggles.

I suspect what I'm gonna end up doing -- because I am all about laziness -- is just take Skyline down to the trail that goes up to the missile silo up on Sneath. That's a solid couple thousand feet climb as a loop, even if it's a shorter ride than I usually do.

Patrick Lea

Jul 23, 2016, 9:02:21 PM7/23/16
to Zak Jarvis, sf2g, David Ahn

That is a better morning than afternoon ride the wind really whips over Sweeney ridge in the afternoon, and it is pretty steep to start with. I would much rather hill repeats on San Bruno Ave.