Sun 7/13 Dirty Pancakes & Pelicans Style 2 0730 GGB

已查看 123 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Jason Thorpe

未读,
2014年7月10日 16:52:122014/7/10
收件人 SF2G
It’s pancake time again! I’m planning to do the following loop:

http://www.strava.com/routes/587035

Basically, up Old Railroad, eat pancakes, down Old Stage to Pantoll Station, Coastal Fire Rd to Coast View Trail to CA-1, south on CA-1, stopping at the Pelican Inn for a pint, up the Dias Ridge Trail to the Miwok Trail town to Tennessee Valley, up Old Springs Trail, back down Miwok Trail, and up the Coastal Trail to the Conzelman Rd roundabout, then back across the bridge. 1T and I did this route a couple of years ago and it’s fantastic with the exception of one steep-as-f*ck descent on Miwok that I can promise you that I *will* unclip and hike down.

I don’t plan to ride hard or even particularly fast on the descents - I haven’t been on dirt for quite a while.

This isn’t a ride I’d choose to do on a road bike… CX bike will be perfectly fine (and that’s what I’ll be riding). MTB is overkill, but you won’t be shunned if you decide to ride one :-) I might ride an 11-32 cassette (rather than my usual 12-27) to enforce my own mellowness on the climbs (as I’m hoping to get a nice long ride in on Saturday, as well), but what you ride is entirely up to you.

We’ll roll at 0730 from the Bridge plaza.

Who’s in?

-- thorpej

Brooks Sizemore

未读,
2014年7月10日 17:05:532014/7/10
收件人 Jason Thorpe、SF2G
+1

---

Brooks Sizemore
bro...@darg.net

Bret Lobree

未读,
2014年7月10日 17:32:472014/7/10
收件人 Brooks Sizemore、Jason Thorpe、SF2G
Home by when you think?

Jason Thorpe

未读,
2014年7月10日 19:15:022014/7/10
收件人 Bret Lobree、SF2G

> On Jul 10, 2014, at 2:32 PM, Bret Lobree <blo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Home by when you think?

For the full thing? 1:30-2:00pm I guess? (6-ish total hours, including stops) “Epic Marin CX” was 4:16 moving time, but also included East Peak, and had 1hr of stopping time, but no time for pancakes and beer (but did include a wheel-truing and a crash :-)

There are obviously options to truncate if you are pressed for time (my family will be out of town, so I don’t have to worry about getting back at a certain time…)

-- thorpej

Stephen Grenholm

未读,
2014年7月11日 13:27:302014/7/11
收件人 sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 Relieved to know I won't be shunned, well, at least not for riding a MTB

Jacky Schuler

未读,
2014年7月11日 14:58:142014/7/11
收件人 Stephen Grenholm、SF2G
+something - might do serena's ride depending on who else +1s. i am a bit afraid of the pace, even if it is "mellow" for you, thorpej

i will likely be on my MTB for this so i might start earlier and meet you up there since i will be even slower on the road...

serena

未读,
2014年7月12日 02:13:182014/7/12
收件人 Jason Thorpe、SF2G
hey, this looks great! definite interest. i need to synch up with a friend who +1'd my roadie/later rolling pancake call about a month ago and will update if i can make it. would be fun to conflate the rides though.

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Jason Thorpe <tho...@me.com> wrote:

Philipp von Weitershausen

未读,
2014年7月12日 02:43:142014/7/12
收件人 sf...@googlegroups.com
Any plans on watching the World Cup final afterward somewhere? I ... kinda have to watch :)

On Thursday, July 10, 2014 1:52:12 PM UTC-7, thorpej wrote:

Rob

未读,
2014年7月12日 03:05:412014/7/12
收件人 sf...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, July 11, 2014 11:13:18 PM UTC-7, serena wrote:
hey, this looks great! definite interest. i need to synch up with a friend who +1'd my roadie/later rolling pancake call about a month ago and will update if i can make it. would be fun to conflate the rides though.

but you don't climb hills so how are you going to do a style 2 dirt ride with hills?

Jacky Schuler

未读,
2014年7月12日 15:12:332014/7/12
收件人 Rob Manchester、SF2G
+1! If I am too slow I will truncate/reroute. Debating CX vs MTB though...

How technical are the dirty bits?

--

Jason Thorpe

未读,
2014年7月12日 18:41:072014/7/12
收件人 jackys...@gmail.com、Rob Manchester、SF2G
Totally CX-able, but the steep miwok descent is not for the faint of heart. I'll be hiking it :-)

-- thorpej
Sent from my iPhone.

Philipp von Weitershausen

未读,
2014年7月12日 21:20:562014/7/12
收件人 sf...@googlegroups.com
Oh yeah, +1 btw :)

Jason Thorpe

未读,
2014年7月12日 21:30:062014/7/12
收件人 phi...@weitershausen.de、sf...@googlegroups.com

On Jul 11, 2014, at 11:43 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen <phi...@weitershausen.de> wrote:

> Any plans on watching the World Cup final afterward somewhere? I ... kinda have to watch :)

I don’t have any particular plans for that, but I’m sure you can find some folks to watch it with you :-)

-- thorpej

steve armijo

未读,
2014年7月12日 21:35:102014/7/12
收件人 tho...@me.com、SF2G
ok, +.9 at least for part.  gotta be home by noon so definitely skipping post pancake excursion(s).

-s

serena

未读,
2014年7月12日 21:40:312014/7/12
收件人 Jason Thorpe、SF2G

+1

serena

未读,
2014年7月12日 21:49:142014/7/12
收件人 Jason Thorpe、SF2G

That is actually +2 (total). My pal is up for dirt!

Jacky Schuler

未读,
2014年7月13日 03:04:212014/7/13
收件人 serena、SF2G、Jason Thorpe

-.75

Much beer has been consumed and I don't appear to have a ride home.

serena

未读,
2014年7月13日 09:33:322014/7/13
收件人 Jason Thorpe、SF2G