Millbway with newbie 5/25 or 5/26?

Jason Dunham

May 23, 2016, 9:18:34 PM5/23/16
to SF2G
I'm new to the group and the ride. I ride from Menlo Park CT over the Dumbarton a fair amount but would like to add more miles some days. I could probably handle style II but should probably start out with style III and see how it goes. Does anyone want to ride south from Millbrae Wed or Thu?

Nathan Dushman

May 23, 2016, 11:25:02 PM5/23/16
to SF2G
Where are you riding to? I might be willing to lead a Millbway on Thursday; I would also go over the Dumbarton and then north to Hayward. Let me get back to you by Wednesday. I know the route (I used to commute from SF to Menlo Park).

Nathan

Jason Dunham

May 23, 2016, 11:48:53 PM5/23/16
to SF2G
My terminus is the PRC complex in Newark, which is the first set of buildings you find after crossing the Dumbarton.

Irving Pham

May 24, 2016, 12:45:56 PM5/24/16
to SF2G
New to the group as well, been procrastinating riding down to work, but am interested for either day.

Only caveat is I need to be in Redwood City by 8am. What time were you thinking of meeting at Millbrae?

Nathan Dushman

May 24, 2016, 2:06:54 PM5/24/16
to SF2G
I'd like to be in Hayward by about 9, so I'd want to leave Millbrae around 6:30. Millbrae to Redwood City should take under an hour. I'd plan to take the Caltrain that leaves 22nd St at 6:11 and arrives Millbrae 6:24. Anyone know if that train fills for bikes at 4th/King routinely? Will I get bumped at 22nd?

Jason Dunham

May 24, 2016, 2:37:55 PM5/24/16
to SF2G
I'll be on that Caltrain too, wearing yellow windbreaker and helmet.  I can't imagine we'd be bumped that early but I don't have direct experience.

Irving Pham

May 24, 2016, 2:46:18 PM5/24/16
to SF2G
I can meet on Thursday at 6:11 at 22nd St (#206) as well.

I take the 6:54 train from 4th/King (#312) everyday and never witness bikes being bumped at 22nd St.

Nathan Dushman

May 25, 2016, 12:53:51 PM5/25/16
to SF2G
New rider? Not sure if you can do the full distance or keep up at a faster pace? Join a slower ride starting at Millbrae tomorrow (Thursday 5/26) at 6:25am. Some of us will be on Caltrain 206 (6:11 at 22nd St, 6:24 at Millbrae). If you'd like to join from Millbrae but won't be on Caltrain, be at the planters at the bottom of the escalators on the BART side of the station (towards Rollins Road) by 6:25. We'll roll by 6:30 if Caltrain is on time.

Please note: the destination of this ride is NOT Google! Two of us will continue over the Dumbarton bridge to Fremont, and I'll be heading north from there to Hayward. If your final destination is south of Facebook, you'll need to navigate there on your own.

Nathan

Irving Pham

May 25, 2016, 4:10:25 PM5/25/16
to SF2G
+1, 6:11, 22nd St Caltrain 206, am I doing this right? :)