driver nabbed

Kurt Wallace Martin

Apr 18, 2015, 9:39:47 PM4/18/15
to SF2G

Scott Crosby

Apr 19, 2015, 11:21:29 AM4/19/15
to Kurt Wallace, SF2G
sucks about the collision and fleeing the scene, but I guess the one sorta positive is she did turn herself in, which I guess shows some responsibility. glad the person who was hit is not too badly hurt.

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 6:39 PM, Kurt Wallace Martin <kurtk...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://sf.streetsblog.org/2015/04/17/hit-and-run-driver-arrested-after-injuring-cyclist-at-cesar-chavez-valencia/

---

Darrin Ward

Apr 19, 2015, 11:32:05 AM4/19/15
to Scott Crosby, Kurt Wallace, SF2G
i was somehow hoping when i read the title that the police actually cared enough about traffic injuries that they hunted this person down and arrested them.  rather than the driver doing the somewhat honorable thing and turning themselves in.

sadly in the drivers case, if they had just stayed at the scene it would of been an accident and the rider would of probably been ticketed and blamed for riding in the bike lane.

otherwise if they hadnt turned themselves in, i am pretty sure the cops would of let it go.  they cant even find a car full of armed robbery suspects who kill pedestrians on a high speed chase.

John Murphy

Apr 19, 2015, 1:07:13 PM4/19/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com

Depends. If the driver was DUI and hung out to sober up then it's as
dishonorable as it gets.

There are documented cases of "I was shook up about it so went home and
had a beer to calm myself then decided I should go to the cops"

And then you have cases like the presidio jogger who was killed in hit
and run, examiner stated that had the driver stayed and called 911, the
jogger lives.

Celebrating the late reporter - I just can't do it.

Scott Crosby

Apr 19, 2015, 1:16:14 PM4/19/15
to ta...@murphstahoe.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
Yeah but 1 hour wouldn't sober someone very much, and I'm sure the cops could extrapolate BAC if they suspected alcohol. But yeah, I thought of that.

Mitchell Flax

Apr 19, 2015, 2:52:28 PM4/19/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Also, it sounds as if the driver may have thought about it and realized he/she would be caught. I saw a tweet or a post that said something like, "Driver of the silver SUV that just hit a cyclist @ Valencia and CC, we will find you." The driver may have thought about some number of witnesses that were around and realized they were going to get caught one way or another.
Mitch Flax
(609) 432-4959

Jon Doe

Apr 19, 2015, 5:22:45 PM4/19/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
I was run off the road and expecorated upon on Twin Peaks by a guy who methodically chased me down 10 minutes after I allegedly "touched his car". SFPD even went out to the registered address of the car later, but "failed to find the driver" despite the car's passenger being at the residence. Bottom line is look out for yourself, because no one else will! (Well, perhaps the SFBC)