OT: 10th Annual Supermarket Street Sweep!

Jenny Oh Hatfield

Sep 17, 2015, 12:59:10 PM9/17/15
to SF2G

Hey Folks,

I organize a charity bike race that supports the SF & Marin Food Banks every year -- and this one will be our 10th! We want to make it bigger and better than ever, so we've changed the date so it doesn't conflict with any major races or rides -- plus we've added a TEAM category! It would be great to see more SF2G'ers come out -- we get a great turnout but would to see more -- so please RSVP. You can pre-reg on Eventbrite or Facebook. The first 200 to pre-reg online will get special swag. And the after party is at Bender's Bar & Grill this year! There will be some free BBQ, but the kitchen and bar will be open for you to order what you wish as well. (Sorry, no kids can come to this venue, but if they're on a team or win in another category -- we'll save their prizes for them.)

Hope to see you at the Sweep and feel free to message me if you have questions. And our FAQ's are here.

Cheers,

Jenny
P.S. If anyone else would like to become a sponsor and donate prizes, please email me!

Jenny Oh Hatfield

Oct 6, 2015, 6:32:56 PM10/6/15
to SF2G
If you're curious about our new team category this year, the details are now up! Email me if you have questions.

Cheers,

Jenny

Bret Lobree

Oct 6, 2015, 6:48:51 PM10/6/15
to plat...@gmail.com, SF2G
I created a team. Three slots open.
---

Matthew Kenaston

Oct 6, 2015, 7:08:37 PM10/6/15
to blo...@gmail.com, plat...@gmail.com, SF2G
Oh oh pick me ... or can I just pick myself? I wanna play :)

Nathan Dushman

Oct 6, 2015, 7:22:05 PM10/6/15
to SF2G
I now own a kid-size bike trailer that I would be willing to loan to the cause (pulled either by myself or someone else), so long as it doesn't get loaded beyond its weight limit as I do intend to continue hauling a kid in it.

Also, I live about 3 blocks from the food bank, in case that's helpful.

Nathan

On Tuesday, October 6, 2015, Jenny Oh Hatfield <plat...@gmail.com> wrote:
If you're curious about our new team category this year, the details are now up! Email me if you have questions.

Cheers,

Jenny

---

Jenny Oh Hatfield

Nov 30, 2015, 8:09:23 PM11/30/15
to SF2G
Hey Folks,

The Sweep is coming up in two weeks! Please pre-reg or volunteer -- we could definitely use some extra hands helping us check in riders at the SF-Marin Food Bank.

Cheers,

Jenny

Matthew Silvey

Dec 1, 2015, 1:28:36 PM12/1/15
to SF2G
Speaking of trailers.  If anyone needs a trailer, I have an old InStep Take 2 that could be used for this.  If it breaks that's fine.  Just figure out how to recycle the materials.

The catch: it's been to Burning Man a couple of times and still has a residual coating (after a few cleans) and random bits of glow in the dark paint on it.  You'd need to pick it up in the Outer Richmond of SF.

http://www.amazon.com/InStep-Take-Double-Bicycle-Trailer/dp/B002QAVQ14

Matt

Jenny Oh Hatfield

Dec 14, 2015, 1:03:34 AM12/14/15
to SF2G
Thanks to all of you that came out and raced (in the rain, wind and hail!) to support the SF-Marin Food Bank. And we're so appreciative to all of you who donated your time and money to volunteer, contribute food and/or financial support as well!

Here's some awesome stats:

109 awesome racers
20+ rad volunteers
12,218 pounds of food pedaled to the food bank
$13,194 raised online
This amounts to over 50,000 meals provided to Bay Area families

And kudos to the 1st place SF2G Team -- Peter Chang, Peter Colijn, Nathan Dushman, Bret Lobree, Chris Ryan -- that brought in a superhuman haul of 2772 lbs. in 3 hours, 45 minutes!

Cheers,
Jenny