Friday 7/13 6:30am BART MEBW

Nathan Dushman

Jul 13, 2016, 3:09:02 PM7/13/16
to SF2G
Weather looks great for the end of this week. Any interest in a Middle East-Bay Way? I'm flexible on departure times since I'm only going to Hayward (in fact, I'd love to catch the 7am ferry to Alameda Harbor Bay, and ride from there, but that's probably too late for most of you).

I'd also consider an East-Bay Skyline, although I'm thinking flat and short is more my style at the moment.

Nathan

Alexandre Passos

Jul 13, 2016, 3:19:44 PM7/13/16
to Nathan Dushman, SF2G
Friday? I'd be down.

---

 - Alexandre

Nathan Dushman

Jul 13, 2016, 3:54:46 PM7/13/16
to SF2G
Sorry, right, that should be Friday 7/15 (not 13).

Alexandre Passos

Jul 13, 2016, 3:56:56 PM7/13/16
to Nathan Dushman, SF2G
+1

I imagine 16th st bart, the 6:24 fremont train, which is 6:30 @ embarcadero, or do you mean something else?

Nathan Dushman

Jul 13, 2016, 4:25:03 PM7/13/16
to SF2G
6:30 at Embarcadero (that's a Fremont train) works for me. I didn't look at the BART schedule before posting.

Nathan

Stefan

Jul 14, 2016, 12:16:17 PM7/14/16
to SF2G
+.5 pending getting bike back from the shop

Is this a San Leandro Bart rollout?  If so, roll at ~6:55-7:00 (based on 6:30 Embarcadero departure)?
Hoping to upgrade to a full +1

Up for a Skyline as well if anything changes, but MEBW just as appealing.

-Stefan

Alexandre Passos

Jul 14, 2016, 12:17:34 PM7/14/16
to stef...@gmail.com, SF2G
Yes, I assumed a San Leandro rollout

---

 - Alexandre

Nathan Dushman

Jul 14, 2016, 1:50:18 PM7/14/16
to SF2G
Yup, the usual route from San Leandro. BART arrives there 6:54. I'll be boarding at Embarcadero, will look for the crowd on the rear or second-to-rear car.

For those not familiar with the Middle East-Bay Way route, it's mostly hard-packed dirt trails on the eastern edge of the bay, interrupted by one section of road, then over the Dumbarton bridge (which is the only climbing) where it meets the standard Bayway route at University near Facebook. You get great views of the bay, and are well away from car traffic for most of the route. It's about 2 hours from San Leandro to the western end of the Dumbarton. A cross bike is probably the best choice if you have one, but if not a road bike is fine (that's what I'll be riding).

I'm now working in Hayward so I'll turn off near the San Mateo bridge.

Nathan

Stefan

Jul 14, 2016, 3:05:27 PM7/14/16
to SF2G
Ahh, so you're not going as far south as the Dumbarton?
In the event I get my bike back, which hopefully I will, I'll be at SL Bart.
Not sure if I'll wfh or go to Pleasanton, but either way, willprobably continue to Union City Bart.

-Stefan

Stefan

Jul 14, 2016, 7:52:03 PM7/14/16
to SF2G
Just a reminder that Nathan's Middle East Bayway ride is tomorrow, Friday 7/15, not 7/13.

Viet-Trung Luu

Jul 15, 2016, 12:17:29 AM7/15/16
to Alexandre Passos, Nathan Dushman, SF2G
This is still on, right?

+1 (24th Mission @ 6:22, last car, I guess?), if someone (Alex?) who knows the way is going at least to the Dumbarton, because I don't actually know the way.

Nathan Dushman

Jul 15, 2016, 12:22:13 AM7/15/16
to SF2G
It's still on, I'll be there. If for some reason Alex doesn't make it, I can give you directions to the Dumbarton, it's actually pretty easy after Hayward.

Nathan

Viet-Trung Luu

Jul 15, 2016, 12:32:58 AM7/15/16
to Nathan Dushman, SF2G
OK, good enough for me.

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 9:22 PM, Nathan Dushman <n...@abtech.org> wrote:
It's still on, I'll be there. If for some reason Alex doesn't make it, I can give you directions to the Dumbarton, it's actually pretty easy after Hayward.

Nathan

Alexandre Passos

Jul 15, 2016, 12:59:25 AM7/15/16
to Viet-Trung Luu, Nathan Dushman, SF2G
Yes I know the way to google, will make it.
--
 - Alexandre

stnvsa

Jul 15, 2016, 8:49:00 AM7/15/16