Fri 7/15 NRLB 630 RRR

Anna Walters

Jul 12, 2016, 3:05:47 PM7/12/16
to SF2G
Hey howdy hey,

I'm starting a monthly bike to work push at LinkedIn, and as such, am leading a NRLB Bayway this Friday. Join me! Details ...

What: A nice-n-easy No Rider Left Behind Ride along the Bayway route, 42 miles of sometimes scenic and mostly low traffic roads and trails. We’ll drop folks @ LinkedIn/Google Mountain View & then take the intercampus route to LinkedIn Sunnyvale. If you're headed somewhere other than those two spots, please determine how to get to your destination.
When: Friday, July 15
Meetup Location: Ritual Roasters, 1026 Valencia St.
Rollout: 6:30 AM (arrive 15 minutes early if you want coffee/scones)
My cell: (360) 918-1109

<Shamelessly stolen from an earlier call>
New to biking or SF2G ? Woohoo -- welcome! Here are some helpful hints and tips for your first time:
- inflate and check tires the night before
- bring a spare tube, make sure it is the right kind for your wheels
- know how to fix a flat tire, bring necessary stuff (tire levers, pump or CO2, etc.)

P.S. This is functionally my birthday SF2G if you need any extra incentive to join me! ;-) [real b-day is the day after, Saturday]

Adam Cozzette

Jul 14, 2016, 1:16:54 AM7/14/16
to annac...@gmail.com, SF2G
(Maybe +1) I'd like to join but I live in San Bruno and I'm not sure of the best intercept point. McDonnell Road in front of the airport is the closest part of Bayway to where I live but that doesn't seem like a great place to wait. Would it work well if I intercepted somewhere around Coyote Point or Seal Point?
---

Robert Griesmeyer

Jul 14, 2016, 12:41:28 PM7/14/16
to SF2G
Cool.  I'll be there.

Anna Walters

Jul 14, 2016, 3:20:52 PM7/14/16
to Adam Cozzette, SF2G
Hey Adam,

Cool! I think Coyote Point would work. I can also send you my location via Glympse so you can hitch on to the group wherever if that works? Otherwise, want to meet up where the paved trail starts at the end of Coyote Drive? If anyone has a better meet up location, please speak up. :)

Thanks!

Anna
--
Anna Walters
cell: (360) 918-1109

Chris Cardé

Jul 14, 2016, 3:43:57 PM7/14/16
to SF2G, acoz...@gmail.com
+1 tentatively. I'm visiting SF this week and haven't seen the bike I've left in storage, so I won't know for sure if I'm good to go until I do a quick inspection.

Eric Manuel

Jul 14, 2016, 9:31:38 PM7/14/16
to SF2G
+1 I'll try for Ritual, if for some weird reason I don't get up early enough I'll intercept at blankenshore.

Thomas Young

Jul 14, 2016, 9:48:12 PM7/14/16
to SF2G
+1, breaking off at Whipple.

Adam Cozzette

Jul 14, 2016, 11:38:42 PM7/14/16
to Anna Walters, SF2G
Sounds great, I'll plan on joining the group at the end of Coyote Point Dr. (the end that's closer to Seal Point). If for some reason you don't see me then don't worry about it and I might join you via Glympse anyway.

Anna Walters

Jul 15, 2016, 12:20:42 AM7/15/16
to Adam Cozzette, SF2G
Splendid! See ya'll tomorrow AM.

Meanwhile, I've gotta try to fit these in the ol' pack...

Sam Uong

Jul 15, 2016, 1:03:17 AM7/15/16
to annac...@gmail.com, Adam Cozzette, SF2G

+1 but might need to go otf for a meeting

Patrick Lea

Jul 15, 2016, 2:21:15 AM7/15/16
to acoz...@gmail.com, annac...@gmail.com, SF2G
Adam, This is late advice, but I did a year of riding from San Bruno. I generally came over San Bruno Ave and then started down bayway. Depending on how well timed i had the intercept I would roll comfortably down towards the water stop and if I had not been caught by then I would wait there for a bit. For a style 2 ride I usually tried to hit the Airport at 7:10 or so and that was pretty much an always beat them time. I had definitely rolled through there later and been in front too, I was often later and sometimes riding solo because of it. For Style 4 I would guess closer to 7:25 but sometimes pace is unpredictable on FFFF type rides.

Note the water stop is in the coyote point area.

Curtis Collins

Jul 15, 2016, 9:11:03 AM7/15/16
to annac...@gmail.com, Adam Cozzette, SF2G

+1 from ritual.

Sam Uong

Jul 15, 2016, 9:14:58 AM7/15/16
to c6co...@gmail.com, annac...@gmail.com, Adam Cozzette, SF2G
Running late, will attempt to intercept at BBQ, or chase

Anna Walters

Jul 15, 2016, 9:21:44 AM7/15/16
to Sam Uong, SF2G, Adam Cozzette, c6co...@gmail.com

Sounds good. Here's Glympse for me:

http://glympse.com/0377-B3QF

Anna Walters

Jul 15, 2016, 12:45:58 PM7/15/16
to Sam Uong, Curtis Collins, Adam Cozzette, SF2G

Wow, that was the first ever NRLB ride I've been on where we actually made breakfast! Ya'll were fast! Thanks for joining. :D

Eric Manuel

Jul 15, 2016, 2:36:09 PM7/15/16
to SF2G, sam...@gmail.com, c6co...@gmail.com, acoz...@gmail.com
Thanks Anna for the ride call, and the tasty cookies.  Happy Birthday.

Robert Griesmeyer

Jul 15, 2016, 6:05:57 PM7/15/16
to annac...@gmail.com, Sam Uong, Curtis Collins, Adam Cozzette, SF2G
Nice!  It was cool meeting everyone.  Thanks again for the cookies.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SF2G" group.

Robert Griesmeyer
LinkedIn profile
(954)-682-9562

Adam Cozzette

Jul 16, 2016, 2:05:47 AM7/16/16
to Patrick Lea, annac...@gmail.com, SF2G
Thanks for the timing advice, Patrick. This morning I seem to have gotten lucky because without really trying I timed it so that I only had to wait about 5 minutes. In the future I'll use your numbers as a starting point, though.

Jan van der Lugt

Jul 18, 2016, 2:43:57 AM7/18/16
to SF2G, annac...@gmail.com, sam...@gmail.com, c6co...@gmail.com, acoz...@gmail.com
Yes, thanks again for the cookies! Nice meeting everyone, and hopefully see you all again sometime.