Fri 5/29 - FFFF Skyline?/Colmaway? - 0630 - RRR - Style 4 NRLB

Jeffrey Skokan

May 27, 2015, 8:13:36 PM5/27/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Well it's Bike to Work Month and the last Friday!  This time the first F in FFFF stands for whatever you want it to stand for (i.e. Final, Fifth, Fabulous, Fantastic, etc...).  Come join us for a nice, casual, no-rider-left-behind (NRLB) ride down the peninsula!

Route:

TBD by popular demand.  Just keep in mind that a Colmaway is about double and a Skyline is about quadruple the elevation gain of a Bayway.  When you +1 make sure to list your choice for either Colmaway or Skyline.  This ride is for everyone; so, if we get a couple or more votes for Colmaway, Colmaway wins.

Rollout:

Ritual Roasters @ 6:30 AM (sharp)

1026 Valencia St., San Francisco, CA 94110

Some Notes:

  1. My final destination will be somewhere between Redwood City and Google depending on work commitments.  Extra sweepers welcomed!
  2. This is a NRLB ride but please know your limits. If you haven't ridden more than 20 miles on a bike, it is highly recommended that you join a BART to Millbway group to cut down a few miles & a couple of little hills at the start. Rolling average speed on Bayway FFFF rides are usually in 15ish mph.
  3. Come early to Ritual Roasters like 6:15 if you need a coffee or pastry as there will be a long line.
  4. If you wanted to ride fast, please call a separate ride as this will be a friendly ride to encourage & welcome newbie riders to join our group.

Hints and Tips:
- inflate and check tires the night before
- bring a spare tube, make sure it is the right kind for your wheels
- know how to fix a flat tire, bring necessary stuff (tire irons, pump or CO2, etc.)

More:

http://sf2g.com/primer.html
http://sf2g.com/nrlb.html
http://sf2g.com/bike-prep.html
http://sf2g.com/terms.html

See you on Friday!

Jeffrey

Patrick Lea

May 27, 2015, 8:32:03 PM5/27/15
to Jeffrey Skokan, sf2g
Jeff the proposed skyline 0x280 with SAT and rollers?

---

Justin R

May 27, 2015, 8:41:02 PM5/27/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 skyline

Jason Thorpe

May 27, 2015, 8:43:43 PM5/27/15
to jrub...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com

> On May 27, 2015, at 5:41 PM, Justin R <jrub...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> +1 skyline

I’m planning to ride Skyline on Friday at a relaxed pace, but it won’t be Style 4. I’ll probably see you all out on the road at some point, though.

> --
> -- follow: http://twitter.com/sf2g | terms: http://sf2g.com/terms.html | bike prep: http://sf2g.com/bike-prep.html | unsub: http://groups.google.com/group/sf2g
> ---

-- thorpej

Jeffrey Skokan

May 27, 2015, 9:29:05 PM5/27/15
to Jason Thorpe, SF2G, jrub...@gmail.com

You're absolutely correct on the route, Patrick. Plus, Skyline Drive as well instead of Skyline Blvd.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SF2G" group.

JustinP

May 27, 2015, 11:31:48 PM5/27/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+2 for skyline, heading to SJ. Will join for Colmaway if that route wins though.
Cheer - Jjp

Joe Dahlquist

May 28, 2015, 1:29:58 AM5/28/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 to Google, prefer Skyline

Jason Ally

May 28, 2015, 11:30:45 AM5/28/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+2, would prefer Skyline as well

Paula Te

May 28, 2015, 2:05:53 PM5/28/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 either route, to palo alto.

Martin Scholz

May 28, 2015, 2:13:45 PM5/28/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1
I prefer a chill Skyline.

Ted Ketai

May 28, 2015, 2:18:07 PM5/28/15
to pigwidg...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
+.6 to skyline. Trying to reach climbing goal for month but am pretty tired.

Jason Terk

May 28, 2015, 9:33:39 PM5/28/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 skyline

Jason Terk

May 28, 2015, 9:34:49 PM5/28/15
to jsk...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
Jeff, are you planning on taking Alemany?

Jeffrey Skokan

May 28, 2015, 10:51:42 PM5/28/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Well it's almost 8:00 and the votes say, "SKYLINE!"  It will be a Friendly Hipster Skyline.  To answer Jason's question, the route will leave Ritual and proceed to San Jose Ave and Alemany to JD/S.  I think we can make a JD/S intercept between 7:05 and 7:10.

See y'all in the morning!

Paula

May 29, 2015, 1:30:57 AM5/29/15
to jsk...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
-1

On Thursday, May 28, 2015, Jeffrey Skokan <jsk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Well it's almost 8:00 and the votes say, "SKYLINE!"  It will be a Friendly Hipster Skyline.  To answer Jason's question, the route will leave Ritual and proceed to San Jose Ave and Alemany to JD/S.  I think we can make a JD/S intercept between 7:05 and 7:10.

See y'all in the morning!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SF2G" group.

--☏☇--

Andrew Stadler

May 29, 2015, 2:20:05 AM5/29/15
to Jeffrey Skokan, SF2G

+1

I will roll from Cafeto around 640 to make the intercept at 705ish.

Jason Ally

May 29, 2015, 3:45:02 AM5/29/15
to sta...@gmail.com, Jeffrey Skokan, SF2G
-1

I'm getting good at this flaking, unfortunately. I've got a friend in town, we went out for drinks, and I'm still up at this hour. Gonna sleep in, though I could be up for a yawyaB ride in the afternoon if there's a ride call. My buddy, Steve, I think will still make the 6:30 RRR rollout.

On May 28, 2015, at 11:20 PM, Andrew Stadler <sta...@gmail.com> wrote:

+1

I will roll from Cafeto around 640 to make the intercept at 705ish.

Ted Ketai

May 29, 2015, 9:07:15 AM5/29/15
to jason...@gmail.com, sta...@gmail.com, Jeffrey Skokan, SF2G
-1, too tired.

Laurens Feenstra

May 29, 2015, 9:51:09 AM5/29/15
to tke...@gmail.com, jason...@gmail.com, sta...@gmail.com, Jeffrey Skokan, SF2G

Flat on Alemany. Well be a little late.

Jeffrey Skokan

May 29, 2015, 12:36:26 PM5/29/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
I hope everyone had a great ride!  I know I did! :D  There was an even dozen of us riding through the mist and fog making our way to SAT, bottom of SCT and beyond.  Thanks! Sasha and Jason for the help leading and sweeping.  Despite my tardiness and the flat we did great for a FFFF Skyline; definitely in the style 3 range.  It was great seeing everyone and meeting a couple of new ones.  I'll be calling a Friendly Skyline (style 3) for Friday, June 12, and encourage all of you to join that ride if possible.

Jason Terk

May 29, 2015, 1:18:43 PM5/29/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
I appreciate your characterization of my slowness as sweeping help.

Great ride this morning - thanks for calling, Jeff, and thanks to everyone else for coming out.

-Jason

On Fri, May 29, 2015, at 09:36 AM, Jeffrey Skokan wrote:
I hope everyone had a great ride!  I know I did! :D  There was an even dozen of us riding through the mist and fog making our way to SAT, bottom of SCT and beyond.  Thanks! Sasha and Jason for the help leading and sweeping.  Despite my tardiness and the flat we did great for a FFFF Skyline; definitely in the style 3 range.  It was great seeing everyone and meeting a couple of new ones.  I'll be calling a Friendly Skyline (style 3) for Friday, June 12, and encourage all of you to join that ride if possible.

Jeffrey Skokan

May 29, 2015, 2:12:07 PM5/29/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to mention...  If you are getting back to San Francisco this evening, you might want to join the group for "Ales on Rails" (see posting).  It is probably the most fun way to commute back home!

Patrick Lea

May 29, 2015, 4:38:38 PM5/29/15
to Jeffrey Skokan, sf2g
Are you implying it is better then fighting the headwind for 2-3 hours to get home?

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 11:12 AM, Jeffrey Skokan <jsk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Forgot to mention...  If you are getting back to San Francisco this evening, you might want to join the group for "Ales on Rails" (see posting).  It is probably the most fun way to commute back home!

Jeffrey Skokan

May 29, 2015, 4:56:26 PM5/29/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, jsk...@gmail.com
Well that's a whole other category of fun, but this way you can have a civilized conversation and enjoy a nice cold beverage with friends.

Joe Dahlquist

May 30, 2015, 1:26:16 AM5/30/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Big thanks to Jeff for leading all the FFFF rides this month!