Future Barway PSA

Zak Jarvis

May 16, 2018, 3:34:08 PM5/16/18
to SF2G
New spot in Belmont right on ECR, Dog Haus Biergarten. Good variety of beers, and he hot dog I had was great! Plus spicy, cheesy tater tots. They’ve got veggie options, AND a bike rack right in front with outdoor seating.

Alexandre Passos

May 16, 2018, 3:41:44 PM5/16/18
to Zak Jarvis, SF2G
Speaking of barway, when are we doing it? Friday before memorial day weekend?

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 12:33 PM, Zak Jarvis <voidm...@gmail.com> wrote:
New spot in Belmont right on ECR, Dog Haus Biergarten. Good variety of beers, and he hot dog I had was great! Plus spicy, cheesy tater tots. They’ve got veggie options, AND a bike rack right in front with outdoor seating.

---

 - Alex

Peter Colijn

May 16, 2018, 4:05:03 PM5/16/18
to Alexandre Passos, Zak Jarvis, SF2G
Imma be outta town that day, but don't let that stop you!

Nathan Dushman

May 17, 2018, 12:11:42 AM5/17/18
to SF2G
Not that I'm likely to join a Barway these days, but on that topic I noticed 47 Hills Brewing https://47hillsbrewingcompany.com in South San Francisco the other day. I don't know anything about it but looks like a convenient stop, although their website says only open until 10pm.

Alexandre Passos

May 17, 2018, 12:55:04 AM5/17/18
to Nathan Dushman, SF2G
We stopped there at the growler day ride last year. Pretty nice environment, ok beer, but yeah closing too soon.

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 9:11 PM, Nathan Dushman <n...@abtech.org> wrote:
Not that I'm likely to join a Barway these days, but on that topic I noticed 47 Hills Brewing https://47hillsbrewingcompany.com in South San Francisco the other day. I don't know anything about it but looks like a convenient stop, although their website says only open until 10pm.
---

 - Alex

LB

May 23, 2018, 10:49:37 PM5/23/18
to SF2G
Fieldwork brewery in San Mateo. Cool looking place a few blocks north of steamies right near the train. Outside seating and bike rack

Alexandre Passos

May 24, 2018, 9:48:10 AM5/24/18
to lb...@yahoo.com, SF2G
Fieldwork was in last barway and likely will be again on next one.

On Wed, May 23, 2018, 19:49 'LB' via SF2G <sf...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Fieldwork brewery in San Mateo. Cool looking place a few blocks north of steamies right near the train. Outside seating and bike rack

---

Ken MacInnis

May 24, 2018, 9:56:45 AM5/24/18
to alexan...@gmail.com, lb...@yahoo.com, SF2G
OT: the Fieldwork in Berkeley is worth a trip, potentially in tandem with Rare Barrel (or if you need to take your German car to Griffin Autowerke next door, also recommended). On 6th just north of Gilman.

Ken

Alexandre Passos

Darrin Ward

May 24, 2018, 2:21:25 PM5/24/18
to Alexandre Passos, Ken MacInnis, lb...@yahoo.com, SF2G
yeah i agree.  the last few times i went to berkeley i couldn't find a place to sit and it was like a 20 person line to use a bathroom.

i left and went over to rare barrel and drunk sours.  no wait for the bathroom or anything and sometimes there is the epic (the pineapple sour was one of my favorite beers of 2017)

also in their (fieldworks) heavy expansion days it seems like they are doing less interesting beers and less number of beers.  i would have a hard time describing the difference in the 6-7 beers they had on tap the last time i was there.

the thai iced coffee beer they did for the ramen shop several years ago is still pretty memorable in the awesome way.

Darrin Ward

May 24, 2018, 2:23:28 PM5/24/18
to Alexandre Passos, Ken MacInnis, lb...@yahoo.com, SF2G
oh yeah i have had a few friends tell me that gilman brewing across (well a block away) from fieldwork in berkeley is pretty awesome.

havent stopped by yet.

temescal is also pretty awesome in oakland though no real bike parking to speak of.

Alexandre Passos