Marin Century, 100 mile option, anyone?

David Goldsmith

Jul 3, 2014, 10:37:14 PM7/3/14
to SF2G
I was thinking of signing up for the century - is anyone else planning
to do the 100 miles?

The registration rate goes up day after tomorrow.

David

Alexandre Passos

Jul 4, 2014, 1:11:22 AM7/4/14
to d...@dgolds.com, SF2G

I signed up, but I've never done a century before and might not finish / take forever.

> --
> -- follow: http://twitter.com/sf2g | terms: http://sf2g.com/terms.html | bike prep: http://sf2g.com/bike-prep.html | unsub: http://groups.google.com/group/sf2g

Peter Colijn

Jul 4, 2014, 1:28:51 PM7/4/14
to Alexandre Passos, dg@dgolds com, SF2G

I'm planning to do the double but iirc there were a lot of sf2g folks signed up for the century and 200k, so you should easily find some familiar faces.

Jason Thorpe

Jul 4, 2014, 1:37:51 PM7/4/14
to caff...@colijn.ca, Alexandre Passos, dg@dgolds com, SF2G

On Jul 4, 2014, at 10:28 AM, Peter Colijn <caff...@colijn.ca> wrote:

Yah, I’m doing the 200K.

-- thorpej

Marcelo Vanzin

Jul 4, 2014, 2:18:01 PM7/4/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com
I remember seeing a couple of century riders in the last thread. (Aamir?)

But you'll at least have company up to Valley Ford (about 100k in?), where the 200k diverges.

aamir ali

Jul 5, 2014, 7:22:45 PM7/5/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Yep, I've signed up for the century David and I think Georgia too. Would love some more company!

Georgia Andrews

Jul 7, 2014, 12:00:41 PM7/7/14
to aamir ali, sf...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, I'm planning on doing the 100 mi. I was trying to talk Zoe into signing up as well but I don't know if she did.

On Jul 6, 2014 1:22 AM, "aamir ali" <gearin...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yep, I've signed up for the century David and I think Georgia too. Would love some more company!

Marion Silies

Jul 7, 2014, 1:13:09 PM7/7/14
to Georgia Andrews, aamir ali, SF2G
I just optimistically signed up for the 200k. Now I just have to start riding bikes again.

aamir ali

Jul 7, 2014, 2:20:52 PM7/7/14
to Marion Silies, SF2G, Georgia Andrews

After Wed or maybe Sunday? you should have more time.. And if Germany wins the world cup, all the more reason to ride!

Marion Silies

Jul 7, 2014, 3:05:48 PM7/7/14
to aamir ali, SF2G, Georgia Andrews
Haha. Yes, the outcome of the game on Tuesday might decide at which point exactly I'll think my collarbone is healed enough to ride bikes... but either way I am optimistic for the Marin Century!

Zoe Hoster

Jul 7, 2014, 5:40:24 PM7/7/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com, gearin...@gmail.com
I haven't signed up yet, but remain open to convincing

Christine Ryan

Jul 7, 2014, 5:54:13 PM7/7/14
to Marion Silies, Georgia Andrews, aamir ali, SF2G
Yes, you do, b/c I just signed up for it too, on your orders. :)

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 10:12 AM, Marion Silies <masi...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just optimistically signed up for the 200k. Now I just have to start riding bikes again.

Jason Thorpe

Jul 7, 2014, 6:05:16 PM7/7/14
to zoe.h...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, gearin...@gmail.com

> On Jul 7, 2014, at 2:40 PM, Zoe Hoster <zoe.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I haven't signed up yet, but remain open to convincing

Peaches, figs, strawberries, and ridiculously good cookies all await you at the rest stops. Food at the Marin Century is always awesome.

-- thorpej

Marcelo Vanzin

Jul 7, 2014, 7:08:57 PM7/7/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com, gearin...@gmail.com
Fresh brie at every stop!

Peter Chang

Jul 8, 2014, 6:18:01 PM7/8/14
to SF2G
> Yes, the outcome of the game on Tuesday might decide at which point
> exactly I'll think my collarbone is healed enough to ride bikes...

let the riot^H^H^H^Hriding begin... or does this mean that you can't
ride until after the next match?

\p

Jason Thorpe

Jul 8, 2014, 6:32:18 PM7/8/14
to d...@google.com, SF2G

> let the riot^H^H^H^Hriding begin... or does this mean that you can't
> ride until after the next match?

Seriously, what a bloodbath!!!

-- thorpej

Marion Silies

Jul 8, 2014, 7:35:36 PM7/8/14
to Jason Thorpe, Peter Chang, SF2G
Seriously. What did just happen???
I definitely should not ride bikes ride now. I just accidentally got a little bit drunk :)

Brad Lay

Jul 9, 2014, 10:14:26 AM7/9/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Where's the link to register???

Brad Lay

Jul 9, 2014, 10:23:06 AM7/9/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Found it...

David Goldsmith

Jul 9, 2014, 1:06:50 PM7/9/14
to layb...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
OK, I've registered now. See all you hundred milers in a few weeks.

David