Ride time question for regular skyline riders

Patrick Kitto

Mar 13, 2018, 7:22:09 PM3/13/18
to sf...@googlegroups.com
What is your average time to Roberts at a style 1.9 or 2 pace?

how much time does the flyover chop out?

It looks like i will be commuting to Woodside for a bit and need to be there early. possibly too early to allow me to ride, which would be lame. I

 don't have an exact target time yet, but the vicinity of 7:30 is likely, and I don't know how likely a 5:30 roll out is (answer: it's not).

so if you have read this far- Watch for future Enilyks ride calls, likely with a Kings Mtn. tossed in every now and then since my jobsite is at the bottom of Huddart. Or maybe i'll do the unthinkable and start trail running to keep my fitness up.
Message has been deleted

Peter Colijn

Mar 13, 2018, 7:39:27 PM3/13/18
to Patrick Kitto, SF2G
On a decent day, I'm usually 1h42m or less to Roberts from my house (2x280). A few minutes either way depending on lights, wind, being tired, etc. Flyover will chop off at least 5 mins but wouldn't recommend doing it regularly since CHP does ticket cyclists there.

---

Keith Whitwell

Mar 13, 2018, 7:39:52 PM3/13/18
to SF2G
Sorry I’m a bit slow on the uptake but which Roberts do you mean, and which flyover?

Patrick Kitto

Mar 13, 2018, 7:45:44 PM3/13/18
to keith.w...@gmail.com, SF2G
Roberts is the market at Canada and Woodside road. known to most as one of two water stops in Woodside and the best spot for a snack if you are bonking.

Flyover I mean the illegal 280 crossing to get passed the forever deayled project site at crystal springs dam, and not have to climb Polhemus.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 4:38 PM, Keith Whitwell <keith.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry I’m a big slow guy n the uptake but which Roberts do you mean, and which flyover?

Patrick Kitto

Mar 13, 2018, 7:48:56 PM3/13/18
to Peter Colijn, SF2G
Maybe i'll look into a Super Royale w/ Cheese - 82 to 84.

(Super because woodside road through RWC has the same cheesy motels as El Camino through Burlingame that prompted Scrosby's route naming)

Keith Whitwell

Mar 13, 2018, 7:59:14 PM3/13/18
to Patrick Kitto, SF2G

Ah, I was confused with the Roberts on alpine, I didn’t realize that there were two.

I’ve never used the flyover, so can’t help with that, but we usually get to Woodside at about 07:50 after an 06:00 start.

Keith

Mark Kahn

Mar 13, 2018, 11:43:32 PM3/13/18
to SF2G
"I don't know how likely a 5:30 roll out is"

LOLZ

Peter Colijn

Mar 14, 2018, 12:16:05 AM3/14/18
to Mark Kahn, SF2G
I know how likely it is: p(kitto-roll@0530) = 0

---

scott :)

Mar 14, 2018, 12:45:37 AM3/14/18
to SF2G
True 0% likely on a PK zero dark thirty roll.

Kiddo if they really want you calc in shower time and a 6am skyline or skip that job. Life is to short to not bike commute. With your friends.

Just saying.

Matthew Kenaston

Mar 14, 2018, 8:16:10 AM3/14/18
to SF2G
This thread ... has made my March.

Rob

Mar 14, 2018, 9:59:50 AM3/14/18
to SF2G
I think leaving at 6 and doing callan from mission could get you to huddart by 7:30. There is a short cut off of Cañada which cuts some distance. Might not be style 2. My usual route up Monterey down sloat was rare that I got to vmw in under 2 hours elapsed. Roberts is around 18 min from vmw. I think you’re better off trail running or doing a Kings / purisima loop after work. Or investing in an ebike.

Rob

Mar 14, 2018, 10:06:55 AM3/14/18
to SF2G
FWIW it is about 20 min from rwc Caltrain to Roberts.

Patrick Kitto

Mar 14, 2018, 11:37:29 AM3/14/18
to Peter Colijn, Mark Kahn, SF2G
thats what I'm saying!

Patrick Kitto

Mar 14, 2018, 11:39:50 AM3/14/18
to scott :), SF2G
It's construction - no need to shower.

And im not looking at a new gig, it is a short term assignment at my current gig. They just want me on site for somewhere between a month to 3 months.

The plan is to try and push my start time. As long as they don't have me directly managing labor, I think I will be able to push my schedule back a bit. at least to the 0600 roll crew.