July 13 Pancake Ride++

Jason Thorpe

Jun 27, 2014, 2:09:37 PM6/27/14
to SF2G
My wife and kids are going to be out of town on July 13, so I plan to do the Pancake ride and then keep riding. All. Damn. Day. Would like to maximize CX-bike-ridable dirt. Soliciting route suggestions.

Aaaaaaand……. GO!

-- thorpej

Guilherme Germoglio

Jun 27, 2014, 3:42:04 PM6/27/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com
http://www.strava.com/routes/188792

is that on the death ride weekend?

Xton

Jun 27, 2014, 3:57:43 PM6/27/14
to Guilherme Mauro Germoglio Barbosa, SF2G

---

~Xton

Jason Thorpe

Darrin Ward

Jun 27, 2014, 5:18:08 PM6/27/14
to Jason Thorpe, Guilherme Mauro Germoglio Barbosa, SF2G
isnt death ride on saturday and the pancake ride on sunday?

you could do both. ;)

just think like peter the elder

Guilherme Germoglio

Jun 27, 2014, 5:26:25 PM6/27/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com
I would strongly consider this if I didn't need to drive 5 hours to get from tahoe to sf.

oh I miss those days when I've done rad riding several days in a row.

Bret Lobree

Jun 30, 2014, 10:50:15 AM6/30/14
to Jason Thorpe, SF2G
+.5 to pancakes if it's direct...Brooks and I did an interesting route to get there once...I'll dig it up.

Jason Thorpe

Jul 8, 2014, 9:36:06 PM7/8/14
to Bret Lobree, SF2G

> On Jun 30, 2014, at 7:50 AM, Bret Lobree <blo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> +.5 to pancakes if it's direct...Brooks and I did an interesting route to get there once...I'll dig it up.

Well, my plans changed a little… 1) Hoping to bring a friend along who would be dong the maiden voyage on his new-to-him CX bike (he’s also new to riding CX bikes in general, so don’t want to make it TOO epic…) and 2) Want to be able to function later that evening for a friend’s housewarming. SO… I figured a good compromise would be to redo that “Epic Marin CX” ride we did a few years ago… we can stop for Pancakes at West Point Inn, then stop for a pint at the Pelican before we head up the Dias Ridge Trail. Oh, and also without crashing on that fucking steep Miwok descent (yah, I’ll probably unclip and walk down that section…)

http://www.strava.com/routes/587035

Style 2 effort only… In fact, I might ride an 11-32 to enforce mellowness on the steeper climbs.

I’ll start another thread with the full deets once I’ve settled in on a roll time.

-- thorpej