5d5w1: monday 8/3 DSB 06:45 s3 coffeeshop

Scott Crosby

Jul 27, 2015, 7:15:04 PM7/27/15
to SF2G
starting off the 5d5w with a nice easy DSB. gonna try coffeeshop on mission st. again, which makes really good espresso but forgot to open last time we went there. bygones.

if you haven't done this ride, it's basically mission->mt. san bruno dirt/views->bayway.  planning to go up MSB via Crocker.

the road bike is all you need for this one. the dirt is easy and hardpack. just go slow if any misgivings. the view at the top is generally spectacular, unless Karl pays a visit.

anyone?

as for the week, the current plan is as such:

1) DSB
2) MEBW
3) HMBW
4) Calaveras Way
5) Royale / Barway XVI

dsb sf2g 10-2013.jpg
sf2g dsb.jpeg

Christine Ryan

Jul 27, 2015, 7:20:15 PM7/27/15
to scr...@gmail.com, SF2G
+1 for this! (And as many of the rest that Ican manage...)
---

Chris Merrill

Jul 27, 2015, 7:24:06 PM7/27/15
to crya...@gmail.com, scr...@gmail.com, SF2G
+1

Peter Colijn

Jul 27, 2015, 7:26:08 PM7/27/15
to Christine Ryan, scr...@gmail.com, SF2G
+1!

Jason Thorpe

Jul 27, 2015, 7:30:10 PM7/27/15
to Scott Crosby, SF2G
My family is out of town next week, so I may be able to participate in some / most of this.  WOOT.  Totally wanting to get back out there for Calaveras Way.

---
<dsb sf2g 10-2013.jpg><sf2g dsb.jpeg>

-- thorpej

Nathan Dushman

Jul 27, 2015, 7:31:02 PM7/27/15
to SF2G, scr...@gmail.com
On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 4:15:04 PM UTC-7, impunity wrote:
5) Royale / Barway XVI

This would be the date of the August FFFF, if I'm not mistaken.

Nathan

Bret Lobree

Jul 27, 2015, 10:36:43 PM7/27/15
to scr...@gmail.com, SF2G, Alejandro Villarreal
Ha! That's not your bike, but I know who's it is. Does hat guy ride anymore?

Russ

Jul 27, 2015, 11:35:05 PM7/27/15
to SF2G
+1

Georgia Andrews

Jul 28, 2015, 12:03:38 AM7/28/15
to Russell Vernick, SF2G
+1

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 8:35 PM, 'Russ' via SF2G <sf...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
+1

---

Women Who Code San Francisco City Director

George Lumpkin

Jul 28, 2015, 1:25:11 AM7/28/15
to SF2G, scr...@gmail.com
+1

And I fitted out my disk-brake road bike with 700x35 knobbies over the weekend. Woohoo!

Mark Kahn

Jul 28, 2015, 12:43:55 PM7/28/15
to SF2G, scr...@gmail.com
one question - you definitely doing Royale on that Friday?  (I ask because it's also FFFF)

Scott Johnston

Jul 28, 2015, 1:10:08 PM7/28/15
to SF2G, scr...@gmail.com, mark....@gmail.com
+1

Scott Crosby

Jul 28, 2015, 1:16:29 PM7/28/15
to Mark Kahn, SF2G
one question - you definitely doing Royale on that Friday?  (I ask because it's also FFFF)

fair question (Nathan, yours too). FFFF slipped my mind, so yeah, maybe just consolidate on that. I'll see if my co-conspirators have any pref. that does put us at 2 bayway-ish rides for the week, but maybe we can live with that. Royale is best done with a 6-10 person group.

Zachary Browne

Jul 28, 2015, 5:15:27 PM7/28/15
to SF2G, mark....@gmail.com, scr...@gmail.com
+1

Brett Lider

Jul 29, 2015, 3:28:06 AM7/29/15
to browne....@gmail.com, SF2G, mark....@gmail.com, scr...@gmail.com
+1 to it all

Scott Crosby

Jul 29, 2015, 12:35:23 PM7/29/15
to Brett Lider, browne....@gmail.com, SF2G, mark....@gmail.com
***change of plans*** -- because FFFF is on the 7th, we're gonna sub out Royale for that, and that would mean two Bayways for the week. ergo, this DSB ride will be changed to DSB-Skyline. I'd imagine most people would be ok with that. those who want to stay with Bayway after MSB can easily make the turn to the east down Guadalupe Canyon and hit the Bayway route thusly.

so, the plan for the week is now:

1) DSB-Skyline

2) MEBW
3) HMBW
4) Calaveras Way
5) FFFF / Barway XVI

Jeffrey Skokan

Aug 2, 2015, 7:23:52 PM8/2/15
to SF2G
+1 for DSB tomorrow and I will try and do some of the others as well.

Carlin Eng

Aug 2, 2015, 7:32:47 PM8/2/15
to Jeffrey Skokan, SF2G
+1, will descend east side of Guadalupe and turn back north to the city.

Ted Ketai

Aug 2, 2015, 8:12:51 PM8/2/15
to Scott Crosby, SF2G, Zachary Browne, mark....@gmail.com, Brett Lider

Is it still 6:45? Might be too late for me, but I'm only +.3 anyway as I won't be home until 12 tonight.

R Samuel Klatchko

Aug 2, 2015, 9:19:03 PM8/2/15
to SF2G, scr...@gmail.com, browne....@gmail.com, mark....@gmail.com, bli...@gmail.com
+.5 also riding back to SF post dirt.

djconnel

Aug 2, 2015, 9:28:55 PM8/2/15
to SF2G
Mistake: you'll be bending the knobs on the 95% of the ride which is paved. But it's only s3 (peter...:))

I'd like to go but 645 may not work, and I really should run instead. I'll decide tomorrow. Gotta make at least one of these though.

Jason Thorpe

Aug 2, 2015, 10:05:40 PM8/2/15
to Jason Thorpe, Scott Crosby, SF2G
On Jul 27, 2015, at 4:30 PM, Jason Thorpe <tho...@me.com> wrote:

My family is out of town next week, so I may be able to participate in some / most of this.  WOOT.  Totally wanting to get back out there for Calaveras Way.

-1 for DSB.  My right knee is sore after the Marin double-metric, giving it another day’s rest.

Stephen Grenholm

Aug 2, 2015, 11:02:54 PM8/2/15
to SF2G
+1

Philipp von Weitershausen

Aug 2, 2015, 11:21:54 PM8/2/15
to SF2G
+1

Scott Crosby

Aug 2, 2015, 11:37:06 PM8/2/15
to phi...@weitershausen.de, SF2G
Yeah 06:45... It's a Monday after all. I'm still drinkin'

On Sunday, August 2, 2015, Philipp von Weitershausen <phi...@weitershausen.de> wrote:
+1

Scott Crosby

Aug 2, 2015, 11:40:12 PM8/2/15
to phi...@weitershausen.de, SF2G
Reminder: this is now DSB-skyline, so as to reduce bayway redundancy -- FFFF is friday. Baywayan-compatible too, just turn east on Guadalupe canyon.

Blair Menn

Aug 2, 2015, 11:51:46 PM8/2/15
to SF2G
+1 for DSB but defecting to Bayway because work.

Ted Ketai

Aug 2, 2015, 11:56:51 PM8/2/15
to Scott Crosby, SF2G, Philipp von Weitershausen

I have a 9 am so no way 6:45 will work. Hopefully see you Tuesday.

Chris Ryan

Aug 3, 2015, 2:26:15 AM8/3/15
to tke...@gmail.com, Scott Crosby, SF2G, Philipp von Weitershausen
And I just got home from dinner... Wed for sure, but tomorrow, probably not...

Zachary Browne

Aug 3, 2015, 2:29:11 AM8/3/15
to crya...@gmail.com, tke...@gmail.com, Scott Crosby, SF2G, Philipp von Weitershausen
-1, unexpected AM doctors appt :(
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SF2G" group.

James Nishimuta

Aug 3, 2015, 3:32:48 AM8/3/15
to SF2G
What time will you be rolling onto crocker? I live by there so might try to join up on my morning commute.

Scott Crosby

Aug 3, 2015, 9:05:36 AM8/3/15
to j.nis...@gmail.com, SF2G
Well it's about 4 miles, so maybe 20 min.? 07:05-ish?

On Monday, August 3, 2015, James Nishimuta <j.nis...@gmail.com> wrote:
What time will you be rolling onto crocker? I live by there so might try to join up on my morning commute.

Blair Menn

Aug 3, 2015, 9:16:39 AM8/3/15
to SF2G
-1. Poor calculations on my part. This won't get me to work in time. Hoping to swing at least one of these rides though

James Nishimuta

Aug 3, 2015, 9:52:58 AM8/3/15
to Scott Crosby, SF2G

Don't wait up for me, need to catch my train and won't have time for this.

R Samuel Klatchko

Aug 3, 2015, 10:36:21 AM8/3/15
to j.nis...@gmail.com, SF2G, Scott Crosby

Retroactive -1: slept through alarm

--
Typed on an annoyingly small keyboard.

Georgia Andrews

Aug 3, 2015, 1:02:41 PM8/3/15
to R Samuel Klatchko, James Nishimuta, SF2G, Scott Crosby
Also retroactive -1, overslept and underestimated time to get to the rollout..
Women Who Code San Francisco City Director

John Murphy

Aug 3, 2015, 1:13:10 PM8/3/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Retroactive +1 - Bonne route scrosby.

Scott Crosby

Aug 3, 2015, 1:18:48 PM8/3/15
to ta...@murphstahoe.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
Good ride gentlemen. A jacuzzi is definitely in my future. Nice weather, passable view atop MSB.

Confirmed Murph sighting too, rare indeed.

See y'alls at 24/M BART tomorrow 06:08 for MEBW!
IMG_3396.JPG
IMG_3397.JPG

Jeffrey Skokan

Aug 3, 2015, 1:57:04 PM8/3/15