Deadline for bike-commuter-of-the-year nominations is coming up...

Christine Ryan

Apr 16, 2015, 9:32:31 PM4/16/15
to SF2G
I've submitted mine--not to try to influence people or to engage in unseemly lobbying, but just bear in mind while you're planning yours... who's been riding Skyline almost every day (when he's not doing Purisima or other craziness), whose pannier is always full of baked goods and growlers, and who made the dream of an SF2G pop-up tent a reality?

Just saying...

Peter Colijn

Apr 16, 2015, 9:41:05 PM4/16/15
to Christine Ryan, SF2G
/blushing/ oh, you...

But while we're asking rhetorical questions...

Who's been riding every day, rain or shine, on a fixie, for.. what is it? 4 years or something? Not to mention sweeping FFFFs when it falls through the cracks and lending/giving everybody on the list spare parts and wrenching advice.

Remember when we were all bummed out about CalTrain switching to Bomb trains and the impending bumpocalypse? Who went to meetings and countered all the grumpy "get off my lawn" types to get us a 3rd bike car?

---

matthew kenaston

Apr 16, 2015, 11:38:33 PM4/16/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
near impossible to choose just one to vote for, so I offer my thanks, appreciation and admiration.

Thanks for carrying snacks, hosting parties, calling ridiculous rides.

Thanks for pulling me South, hanging back and chatting instead of hammering by, hosting me at the GoogShwagShop.

Thanks (both) for riding on RainPocolyopse Day and providing verifiable evidence to my wife and family that craZ is measured on a pretty wide spectrum.

Sidenote: I caught myself, more than once while riding in Palm Desert last week, completely incredulous that none of the Desert Cycling riders knew our club. SF2G is the bomb.

Christine Ryan

Apr 16, 2015, 11:40:58 PM4/16/15
to matthew....@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
Oh, you don't have to vote ( or make a choice)...multiple nominations are allowed !

Christine Ryan

Apr 16, 2015, 11:43:19 PM4/16/15
to matthew....@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
(But agreed.)

Scott Crosby

Apr 17, 2015, 11:22:31 AM4/17/15
to Christine Ryan, matthew....@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
seems like I nominate one PfC or another every year, but the last few years they've been going for the downtown-attorney-in-heels-and-suit style rider, as if to try to persuade car-bound sub-2-mile commuters that the bike really IS a practical alternative for getting to one's depositions and hearings.

nevertheless, Colijny gets my vote, even if he is too EXTREME for the mainstream.

Peter Colijn

May 4, 2015, 9:43:54 PM5/4/15
to Scott Crosby, Christine Ryan, matthew....@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
Winners are up: http://www.youcanbikethere.com/2015-bike-commuter-year-winners

Sadly no love for sf2g, though all they all sound pretty badass in their own ways.

John Murphy

May 4, 2015, 10:34:21 PM5/4/15
to Peter Colijn, Scott Crosby, Christine Ryan, matthew....@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
When I do a 2 day trip I usually stay in downtown OAK - I propose a
yawnotrabmud to Liba Falafel!

djconnel

May 5, 2015, 11:56:25 AM5/5/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, crya...@gmail.com, caff...@colijn.ca, matthew....@gmail.com, scr...@gmail.com
"Yawn" for that bridge is right :).

I've got to go over from Berkeley and check it out.

I'm impressed by the SF winner.  Good stuff.  A few are maybe a bit weaker but that's to be expected.  I'm disappointed my nominee Janet for Santa Clara didn't win but then founding Bike Party is certainly worthy credentials.

BTW, Team Low-Key on BTWC is recruiting....