ot: one week to learn basque

Peter Chang

Jun 9, 2016, 1:37:44 PM6/9/16
to SF2G
http://i.imgur.com/h75vUN7.png

climbs you've heard of (if you follow racing). sag / support. tgv ride (for the train dorks among us). département 64. baking sun. wcpgw.

july 16 - 23. send murphy (not john) mail if you're interested.

\p

John Murphy

Jun 9, 2016, 1:42:10 PM6/9/16
to sf...@googlegroups.com
That Stage 4 is a humdinger, Peyresourde, Aspin, Tourmalet. Don't get too frisky on the Aspin, it's pretty gentle but the descent is quick and you're right onto the Tourmalet and that thing is a bitch. And I've only been up to the ski station.

The Pyrennees are the happiest place on earth. Unreal.

Murphy (John)
--
---

Peter Colijn

Jun 9, 2016, 1:46:42 PM6/9/16
to Peter Chang, SF2G
I would strongly recommend this! I loved the Haute Route (Dolomites version) when I did it, and this is a chance to do it at way less cost.

I would be there but I'm already doing murphy's other Spain thing and apparently I also have a job, soo...

Ben Kochie

Jun 9, 2016, 1:50:22 PM6/9/16
to Peter Chang, SF2G

My Achilles hurts looking at that.

Lina Mårtensson

Jun 9, 2016, 1:56:51 PM6/9/16
to Ben Kochie, Peter Chang, SF2G
But it's all downhill!

djconnel

Jun 10, 2016, 12:13:36 AM6/10/16
to SF2G
Peter: are you going?
Message has been deleted

Peter Chang

Jun 10, 2016, 12:20:36 PM6/10/16
to SF2G

Le jeudi 9 juin 2016 21:13:36 UTC-7, djconnel a écrit :
Peter: are you going?

probably.

there is a question of bike, murphy says that there are nice rentals (canyon something or other) otherwise i think i have to do some maintenance to get more than an 12-19.

\p

Peter Colijn

Jun 10, 2016, 1:25:35 PM6/10/16
to Peter Chang, SF2G
Wut, you're not riding it fixed?

Peter Chang

Jun 10, 2016, 1:34:35 PM6/10/16
to SF2G
Wut, you're not riding it fixed?

hmmm... maybe single-speed, if just for the miles of descending. actually, the last brovet was pretty good singlespeed (42x17) but it was less climby.

\p

djconnel

Jun 10, 2016, 3:45:38 PM6/10/16
to SF2G
Anyway, since my assistance on the project I've been working on in San Jose will no longer be required after 30 June, that frees up time in July so this is seriously attractive.  Have Breakaway Will Travel.

djconnel

Jul 25, 2016, 5:06:28 AM7/25/16
to SF2G
This ride was really fantastic, with the possible exception of the last day into San Sebastian where the route was on major roads and we took the van the final 35 km -- alpha-test the year.  But he'll do it again next year (at a higher cost; this was a test run).  Strongly recommended.  The Haute Route through the Pyrenees is really spectacular, and the guide, Pau, is an excellent rider (although nobody touches Murphy on the descents).

Murphy's been posting photos on Facebook.

I'd not been in San Sebastian before -- it was nice.  But I'm back in Barcelona now (in a café on La Rambla, ready to walk to Sagrada Famila).  We took a limited train back last night.

Dave Blizard

Jul 25, 2016, 1:19:00 PM7/25/16
to Dan Connelly, SF2G
JEALOUS.. love Spain and Barcelona! enjoy. :)