Caitlin's Retirement BEX!! Fri 9/16 DDR 7:15 Style "Super Slacker 3"

Caitlin Johnson

Sep 14, 2016, 2:19:33 PM9/14/16
to SF2G
(Combining with Peter's ride and slowing it down a bit since I'm crazy out of shape)

Hi Beautiful People!

I'm leaving Google this Friday after 5 years and running off to travel for 6 weeks before starting at a company in the city. I'm super psyched to avoid the bus but really sad to retire from SF2G... I will miss your spandex-clad selves dearly.

Come out and ride with me one last time, and listen to ALL the sandbagging! And after that, come nag me to do morning city/Marin loops so that I don't totally lose my bike.

And, yes, I WILL call a partycar in the evening and stick around for post :)

Seeeee you!
Caitlin

Peter Colijn

Sep 14, 2016, 2:20:51 PM9/14/16
to Caitlin Johnson, SF2G
+1! But *sniff*, we'll miss you Caitlin!

Note the donut bex is now a STYLE 3.

---

Thomas Roessler

Sep 14, 2016, 2:21:47 PM9/14/16
to Peter Colijn, Caitlin Johnson, SF2G
+1

Thomas Roessler  (@roessler)

Chris Merrill

Sep 14, 2016, 2:23:53 PM9/14/16
to caff...@colijn.ca, Caitlin Johnson, SF2G
Not a +1 (I'll be out of town....), but a pointer to the semi-official "SF2G retires to the city" list, sf2sf:

---

Georgia Andrews

Sep 14, 2016, 2:29:35 PM9/14/16
to notspel...@gmail.com, Chris Merrill, caff...@colijn.ca, Caitlin Johnson, SF2G
+.5

Flying back from NOLA tomorrow night but for donuts, a slow ride, and Caitlin I can possibly pull myself out of bed.
-~-~-~-~-

Cordelia Link

Sep 14, 2016, 2:36:32 PM9/14/16
to SF2G, notspel...@gmail.com, ch...@notspelledright.com, caff...@colijn.ca, mailfor...@gmail.com
+1

Justin!

Sep 14, 2016, 6:22:49 PM9/14/16
to SF2G
Will miss you! Best of luck! (Sorry I can't make your ride.)

Mark Kahn

Sep 14, 2016, 8:33:39 PM9/14/16
to SF2G
Congrats and good luck!  I'm riding on Friday but have to leave earlier.

Zak Jarvis

Sep 14, 2016, 10:03:05 PM9/14/16
to SF2G
+1

I was gonna wait until Monday to start getting myself back into a regular cycling habit, but this is a perfect excuse to start a bit early!

Robert Griesmeyer

Sep 14, 2016, 10:46:54 PM9/14/16
to SF2G
+1

Eric Manuel

Sep 15, 2016, 11:58:11 AM9/15/16
to SF2G
Hey ya'll,
 (not a a +1 but happy retirement.)

The EPA trail is currently signed as closed, and there is tape/etc blocking the path at the bridge, and the ballpark.  I did however roll around/through it from the bridge and as of this morning it is still 'functional' if 'closed'.

Cheers,

Alexandre Passos

Sep 15, 2016, 12:53:09 PM9/15/16
to Eric Manuel, SF2G
Yeah, we also rode through it and it was perfectly fine, no work or anything.

---

 - Alexandre

Zak Jarvis

Sep 15, 2016, 1:52:38 PM9/15/16
to SF2G
Derpfully, my +1 is with an intercept at the water stop

Ramesh Baller

Sep 15, 2016, 4:55:16 PM9/15/16
to Caitlin Johnson, SF2G
+1 for Caitlin's retirement ride :)

Ramesh

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Caitlin Johnson <mailfor...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sam Uong

Sep 15, 2016, 9:58:58 PM9/15/16
to there...@gmail.com, SF2G
Also not a +1, since I need to roll out and get to work earlier than this. But they're now saying:

Trails reopen on Friday, September 16: The contractor completed the tree removal work ahead of schedule, so the levee trails along San Francisquito Creek will be reopened on Friday, September 16.

Happy retirement!

---

Trails reopen on Friday, September 16: The contractor completed the tree removal work ahead of schedule, so the levee trails along San Francisquito Creek will be reopened on Friday, September 16.

Also not a +1, but happy retirement!

Jeffrey Skokan

Sep 15, 2016, 11:17:07 PM9/15/16
to SF2G
Sorry to miss this, Caitlin. Hoping to see you on an sf2sf ride in the future. Best wishes on the new gig!

Viet-Trung Luu

Sep 16, 2016, 12:20:26 AM9/16/16
to Caitlin Johnson, SF2G
It's awfully late, but +1. Maybe I'll even make it to the rollout.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Caitlin Johnson <mailfor...@gmail.com> wrote:

---

Blair Menn

Sep 16, 2016, 1:14:16 AM9/16/16
to SF2G
+1 for Caitlin. And for the sake of slack.

Ramesh G

Sep 16, 2016, 4:21:28 AM9/16/16
to blai...@gmail.com, SF2G
-1

Ramesh
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 15, 2016, at 10:14 PM, Blair Menn <blai...@gmail.com> wrote:

+1 for Caitlin. And for the sake of slack.

---

djconnel

Sep 16, 2016, 9:29:19 AM9/16/16
to SF2G

Thomas Roessler

Sep 16, 2016, 10:10:51 AM9/16/16
to Peter Colijn, Caitlin Johnson, SF2G
Actually, will intercept at Cortland.
--
Thomas Roessler  (@roessler)

Thomas Roessler

Sep 16, 2016, 10:20:12 AM9/16/16
to Peter Colijn, Caitlin Johnson, SF2G
Mechanical. -1
--
Thomas Roessler  (@roessler)

Sam Uong

Sep 16, 2016, 12:14:23 PM9/16/16
to roes...@gmail.com, Peter Colijn, Caitlin Johnson, SF2G

Trail's still closed

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016, 7:20 AM Thomas Roessler <roes...@gmail.com> wrote:
Mechanical. -1

On Friday, September 16, 2016, Thomas Roessler <roes...@gmail.com> wrote:
Actually, will intercept at Cortland.

On Wednesday, September 14, 2016, Thomas Roessler <roes...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1

Thomas Roessler  (@roessler)

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 11:20 AM, Peter Colijn <caff...@colijn.ca> wrote:
[...]

Cordelia Link

Caitlin Johnson

Sep 16, 2016, 2:15:20 PM9/16/16
to Cordelia Link, Thomas Roessler, SF2G, caff...@colijn.ca

Thanks for an awesome ride, folks!! I'll be on partycar tonight.