OT: Volunteer bike mechanics for project?

Anna Walters

Aug 22, 2016, 3:50:46 PM8/22/16
to SF2G
Hey guys,

A good friend, who works for Hands on Bay Area, is trying to pull off a big corporate bike build next month and is struggling to find an organization to partner with. He has the box bikes (Marin -- wildcat, bolinas, bayview trail kids bikes -- 80 total to be built) but needs a non-profit to accept the bikes and donate them. And hopefully help recruit volunteer mechanics.

Any thoughts on who to reach out to? I've already suggested the following:
- SFBC & SVBC
- Silicon Valley Bike Exchange
- Turning Wheels for Kids

The only other details I have are, it's on Sept. 14th and in San Mateo.

Any guidance I can pass along would be much appriciated.

Thanks all!

Anna

--
Anna Walters