OT: SFBC board election - Check out Save SF Bike's campaign platform

Shirley Johnson

Oct 3, 2015, 2:13:40 PM10/3/15
to SF2G
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Save SF Bike Coalition <saves...@gmail.com>
Subject: Check out Save SF Bike's new platform

Hello Save SF Bike supporters,

Our recent victory in restoring Bike Coalition member voting rights was really exciting, but we're just getting started! The critical next step is for us to elect new SFBC board members who are committed to keeping the Bike Coalition democratic. We are finalizing a slate of candidates and developing a platform for how we plan to reinvigorate the Bike Coalition. Please check out our proposed Save SF Bike platform, and let us know if you have any feedback: http://www.savesfbike.org/platform/

In November/December, SFBC members will have the opportunity to vote for 7 of the 15 seats on the board of Directors. The current board members plan to re-run the vote to eliminate members' voting rights early next year, so this is our last chance to preserve the member-driven Bike Coalition we all love!

If you are running for the SFBC board (or are planning to) and you are interested in being considered for our slate, please email us at saves...@gmail.com. We're lining up a great group of candidates, but we want to make sure that we're all united around the strongest slate we can put together.

And then get ready to help us campaign for our Save SF Bike slate of board candidates! Voting will run from November 15 through December 30. We promise it's going to be a more fun than any SFBC election you've ever seen!

- Save SF Bike
http://www.saveSFbike.org/

Faye

Oct 4, 2015, 1:23:53 PM10/4/15
to SF2G
Thanks for posting this.  I added my "endorsement."  Though as a former member (not because I moved to Oakland, but because I pulled my support as a matter of principle), I guess I will not be able to vote in the election.  I hope that this gains some traction!

nickie

Oct 4, 2015, 2:50:40 PM10/4/15
to SF2G
Seems to me Faye that former members can join if they want to run for the Board!  You may not want to because of the Oakland move, but others might.  I'm very pleased to see this excellent and well organized campaign from Save SF Bike and hope others will figure out how to contribute to keeping it democratic and vibrant.  I do think that it should be a membership organization, and though I think that eyes can glaze over about why this is important, that good input from members will generate better solutions, broader impact, and quicker change benefiting us all.

Shirley, do keep us all posted, and thanks for all the hard work.

Nickie