Fri 5/18 SEX Style 3.5-4 6:30 Alemany& Lyell

Christina

May 16, 2018, 12:10:26 PM5/16/18
to SF2G
Hoping to get back to my regular tues/fri skylines but haven't been riding much lately so I expect to be super slow on the climbs.

Route is Callan and both trails.  If there's anyone new to the route I can show the way up until sand hill rd.

Andrew Stadler

May 16, 2018, 12:45:48 PM5/16/18
to Christina Ignarra, SF2G
+1 ... I was about to call the same thing. Time to get back into it. Slow is definitely the operative word.

I'll be departing Cafeto at 6:20, and continuing to Google.

Zak Jarvis

May 16, 2018, 2:03:16 PM5/16/18
to sta...@gmail.com, Christina Ignarra, SF2G
+0 (I’ve been struggling to get back into the swing of things, and am just generally slow and complainy and don’t wanna inflict that on others)

It’s great to see you getting back to it!
On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 9:45 AM Andrew Stadler <sta...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 ... I was about to call the same thing. Time to get back into it. Slow is definitely the operative word.

I'll be departing Cafeto at 6:20, and continuing to Google.

---

Christina Ignarra

May 16, 2018, 3:15:09 PM5/16/18
to Zak Jarvis, sta...@gmail.com, SF2G
You should come!  I've only done two rides this year and they were first friday and bike to work day (and I've gained 10 lbs) so I highly doubt you will be slower than me!

Zak Jarvis

May 16, 2018, 3:30:00 PM5/16/18
to christin...@gmail.com, sta...@gmail.com, SF2G
What the hell!

+1

(I’ll definitely be whiny, but I’ll keep it to myself.)

Trygve Utstumo

May 16, 2018, 5:19:53 PM5/16/18
to voidm...@gmail.com, christin...@gmail.com, sta...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
+1

Hi, I'm new to this and I'll bring a print-out of the glossary to keep track of the conversation. I don't know my way so I'll highly appreciate the group ride!

I live just by RRR in Valencia, and I will ride from there to Alemanyell to be there by 6:30
--
Trygve UtstumoPhone: +1 650-3058958 | In San Francisco, CA, USA

Trygve Utstumo

May 16, 2018, 5:40:56 PM5/16/18
to ma...@matossian.net, voidm...@gmail.com, christin...@gmail.com, sta...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
I haven't ridden this before, but curious of the route, I found an old SEX on Strava https://www.strava.com/activities/796146247

They reached Crystal Springs after about 1 hour 40 min.

--
Trygve UtstumoPhone: +1 650-3058958 | In San Francisco, CA, USA

Den ons. 16. mai 2018 kl. 14:29 skrev Mark Matossian <ma...@matossian.net>:
I'd love to join you at Crystal Springs (Polhemus & De Anza stop sign in San Mateo).  Is there anyone that can check a previous similar Strava ride to give a time window when you might roll through?

Also heading to Google/MTV.

-Mark

Mark Matossian

Mark Matossian

May 16, 2018, 6:03:40 PM5/16/18
to Trygve Utstumo, voidm...@gmail.com, christin...@gmail.com, sta...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Trygve!  Looks like that ride took 10m to get to the Alemany & Lyell start so I'll figure on 1h30m (8am) into the ride +/- 10m.

-Mark

---

---

Christina Ignarra

May 16, 2018, 6:34:52 PM5/16/18
to Mark Matossian, Trygve Utstumo, Zak Jarvis, sta...@gmail.com, SF2G
Ryan is pretty fast, I checked an old one of my rides which got to Polhemus & De Anza at 1h40m (starting from alemany&lyell) and this ride will likely be slower, so might be more like 8:15.

djconnel

May 16, 2018, 7:53:08 PM5/16/18
to SF2G
By the adjusted time formula:

time to MtView = 2 hrs + [ style × 20 minutes × (1 – fraction sandbagging) ]

this one comes out pretty fast.

Luke Scholefield

May 17, 2018, 12:26:01 AM5/17/18
to SF2G
+1

Matt Elsey

May 17, 2018, 1:27:01 PM5/17/18
to SF2G
+1

Zak Jarvis

May 17, 2018, 1:39:18 PM5/17/18
to mel...@gmail.com, SF2G
Oh, and I’ll be intercepting at the intersection of King and Skyline (since that’s my neighborhood!)
On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 10:27 AM Matt Elsey <mel...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1

---

Dan Padgett

May 17, 2018, 5:35:36 PM5/17/18
to voidm...@gmail.com, mel...@gmail.com, SF2G
+1 skyline/king.  what's your ETA to there?

Zak Jarvis

May 17, 2018, 5:46:30 PM5/17/18
to Dan Padgett, mel...@gmail.com, SF2G
Good question!

I’m going to look that up. :)

Zak Jarvis

May 17, 2018, 5:59:03 PM5/17/18
to Dan Padgett, mel...@gmail.com, SF2G
Looks like the last time Christina did the Skyline ride she got to Skyline & King just about an hour after leaving, so I’ll probably be there around 6:50 to be safe.

Christina Ignarra

May 17, 2018, 6:39:21 PM5/17/18
to Zak Jarvis, Dan Padgett, mel...@gmail.com, SF2G
I think you must mean 7:20 and accidentally added 20 minutes instead of 50 to the 6:30am rollout time?

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 2:58 PM, Zak Jarvis <voidm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Looks like the last time Christina did the Skyline ride she got to Skyline & King just about an hour after leaving, so I’ll probably be there around 6:50 to be safe.
On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 2:46 PM Zak Jarvis <voidm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good question!

I’m going to look that up. :)

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 10:39 AM Zak Jarvis <voidm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Oh, and I’ll be intercepting at the intersection of King and Skyline (since that’s my neighborhood!)
On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 10:27 AM Matt Elsey <mel...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1

---

---

Zak Jarvis

Saran Raksincharoensak

David Rapoport

May 17, 2018, 7:46:12 PM5/17/18
to SF2G
+2 me and a friend. 630 at Alemany and Lyell right?

Blair Menn

May 17, 2018, 8:11:48 PM5/17/18
to SF2G
+.75 going out tonight, but I’ll ride if I get to bed at a decent hour.

Rick Adams

May 17, 2018, 9:56:54 PM5/17/18
to SF2G
+1

Scott Perry

May 17, 2018, 11:34:39 PM5/17/18
to christin...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 to Cupertino!

Jan van der Lugt

May 18, 2018, 12:09:36 AM5/18/18
to SF2G
+1 to Sunnyvale

Zak Jarvis

May 18, 2018, 2:46:24 AM5/18/18
to jan...@gmail.com, SF2G
-0.25

Getting to bed later than I’d wanted, may not be able to wake up in the morning.
On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 9:09 PM Jan van der Lugt <jan...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 to Sunnyvale

---

Blair Menn

May 18, 2018, 8:08:20 AM5/18/18
to SF2G
-.75

Scott Perry

May 18, 2018, 8:48:18 AM5/18/18
to christin...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
-1, next time!

Christina Ignarra

May 18, 2018, 9:24:17 AM5/18/18
to SF2G
Big group! Sharing my location on Google maps to hopefully make intercepts easier.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/mzn5ApcfW2cvXf1b2

Christina

May 18, 2018, 12:59:36 PM5/18/18
to SF2G
Thanks everyone for coming out!!  I'm planning to do an encore next week (hopefully with nicer weather!)

Rick Adams

May 18, 2018, 2:19:30 PM5/18/18
to SF2G
Thank you for calling the ride. Next week has to be warmer; today was freezing!

Zak Jarvis

May 18, 2018, 4:14:47 PM5/18/18
to oldtr...@gmail.com, SF2G
Wow.

I didn’t manage to crawl out of bed until 10. Sorry I missed the ride, but I think I oughta be able to catch it next week for real!