Wed 8/16 0800 Portola Gate watershed way

ammon

Aug 13, 2017, 12:37:05 PM8/13/17
to SF2G

It's time for another watershed way! This Wednesday I'm leading another commute through the watershed. Usual 15 rider limit so +1 to join.

Meet: 7:55am Portola Gate. This is the locked gate at the southernmost part of the GGNRA Sweeney Ridge site. Callanated Skyline is the way most folks took last time. Bart/Caltrain from San Bruno up Sneath's bike lane is another option. We enter Portola Gate at 8am sharp since that's the earliest we're allowed in.

Equipment: CX or road bikes with wide tires are ideal (<~32c not appropriate due to sharp loose gravel). Hardtail mountain bike would also work. Terrain is dirt service road along Fifield-Cahill ridge packed with either thick fog or amazing views. The steepest climb is before the watershed: paved Sneath trail up to Sweeney ridge. After that climb, the fireroad to the meeting spot at Portola Gate is in poor condition, rutted from winter rains.

Style: NRLB. Periodic regroups at vistas & intersections. Since we all have to leave as a group, allow extra buffer time in planning. We usually exit the watershed at 9am with most folks descending 92 to Cañada.

Ammon

Curtis Collins

Aug 14, 2017, 8:57:50 PM8/14/17
to skidp...@gmail.com, SF2G
+1 if this is still on.

---

ammon

Aug 14, 2017, 10:52:12 PM8/14/17
to SF2G, skidp...@gmail.com
This ride is now cancelled—sorry about that. A recent event made this Wed not so good for me anymore and with only one +1, it's best to cancel.

Is anyone interested in doing this next week? (It would also be on Wednesday—the only weekday we're allowed in.) Maybe Fogust will be winding down by then...
Ammon

Curtis Collins

Aug 14, 2017, 11:40:33 PM8/14/17
to skidp...@gmail.com, SF2G

No worries. If there's interest for next Wednesday I'd most likely be in.