5/17 Thursday skyline ppr s2 0600

James Hsu

May 16, 2018, 1:04:33 PM5/16/18
to SF2G
More skyline

Keith Whitwell

May 16, 2018, 1:54:59 PM5/16/18
to SF2G
+1.

Will do some portola valley extra credit at the end if anyone is interested in joining.  Thinking about a reverse los-trancos loop and/or lower pagemill.

On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 10:04:33 AM UTC-7, James Hsu wrote:
More skyline

Jordan Kestler

May 16, 2018, 3:15:57 PM5/16/18
to Keith Whitwell, SF2G
+1 for extra credit.

Does anyone know if it's possible to connect from Los Trancos up through foothill preserve and onto Page Mill?

Looks like somebody rode almost through...

image.png

---

Keith Whitwell

May 16, 2018, 3:23:35 PM5/16/18
to SF2G
It's worth taking a look.  Satellite photos show gates at both ends of that dirt road, but it's not clear whether that's because its private, or because it's a park.

Rob

May 16, 2018, 3:31:05 PM5/16/18
to SF2G
ammon knows. I ran into him somewhere around canada and showed me this route:

probably would've done it again but i poison oaked myself, just wasn't paying attention.
ammon: watch out for the poison oak
me: (standing in patch of poison oak).

i think one climb to the back side of the park is on a private road but there is no gate. don't damage it with your bike and you'll be fine.

Rob

May 16, 2018, 3:40:22 PM5/16/18
to SF2G
here's ammon's ride -- his gps looks better for the tricky bits, though i'm sure he probably knows many other ways to get to portola valley to foothill park.

ammon

May 16, 2018, 3:56:56 PM5/16/18
to SF2G
Since then the barbed wire crossing has gotten easier without much PO risk and I prefer to do less walking and less steep descending by taking Madera Pt / Coyote trail instead of the fireroad -- it's hard-packed road-bikable dirt: https://www.strava.com/activities/1265332266

Keith Whitwell

May 16, 2018, 4:23:07 PM5/16/18
to SF2G
Interesting.  I think we have our route...

Nolan Semrau

May 17, 2018, 12:51:15 AM5/17/18
to SF2G
+1

Storrs H

May 17, 2018, 12:53:38 AM5/17/18
to SF2G
+1 Storrs sans Los Trancos PO

James Bennett

May 17, 2018, 10:29:25 AM5/17/18
to SF2G
hopeful. is this a 6am Peets departure?

Keith Whitwell

May 17, 2018, 1:14:32 PM5/17/18
to SF2G
Nice route! There is definitely some poison oak starting to come up through the grass at the fence crossing so might be a problem later in the year...

Keith Whitwell

May 17, 2018, 3:21:06 PM5/17/18
to SF2G
Nolan - hope you made it in ok?