OT: Looking to borrow a hard case for travel in September

68 wyświetleń

Caitlin Johnson

nieprzeczytany,
23 sie 2017, 14:24:2423.08.2017
do SF2G
Hello friends and fellow lurking retirees!

I had a plan to borrow one of these cases from a work friend but they forgot and lent it to someone else. Womp womp. And, I know renting a bike is way easier, but getting a rental that's small enough is always a big (pun intended) problem for me - hence the additional complication. I can also totally just buy a case but that seems wasteful for a single use.

So! Does anyone here have a hard-shell case they would be excited to let me borrow for September 12-Oct 2 so I can go ride around Italy (like all the cool kids are doing these days)? I'm happy to pay a small "rental fee" in beer, baked treats, or an Italian souvenir of your choosing.

Thanks so much!
<3 Caitlin

Peter Colijn

nieprzeczytany,
23 sie 2017, 14:36:4823.08.2017
do Caitlin Johnson, SF2G
Do you definitely want a hard shell? I have an evoc case you're welcome to borrow, but it's soft. I've used it many times and never had any damage.

---

Kurt Wallace Martin

nieprzeczytany,
23 sie 2017, 15:41:0323.08.2017
do Peter Colijn, Caitlin Johnson, SF2G
+1 on the Evoc - one trip to the UK, one to CO and no issues. Plus it’s easy to handle.

kurt

Rob

nieprzeczytany,
23 sie 2017, 17:47:4723.08.2017
do SF2G
I have one. It was dropped out of a plane at one point but it still works. Works better if your stem is not 130 mm I think.

Rob

nieprzeczytany,
23 sie 2017, 18:40:0123.08.2017
do SF2G
Also my top tube was bent in the case by my handlebars. Though a shorter stem, or removing stem,prob is fine. Giga, Maciek have had success with it. Granted when case was dropped out of plane bike was fine.

Mark Kahn

nieprzeczytany,
23 sie 2017, 21:10:2023.08.2017
do SF2G, caff...@colijn.ca, mailfor...@gmail.com
+1 to EVOC.  I used a hard shell case 5 years ago (borrowed Peter's actually).  Was dubious of EVOC but went for it, and will not go back.  Highly recommended and fine to borrow mine!

Mark

On 23 Aug 2017 11:24, "Caitlin Johnson" <mailfor...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello friends and fellow lurking retirees!

I had a plan to borrow one of these cases from a work friend but they forgot and lent it to someone else. Womp womp. And, I know renting a bike is way easier, but getting a rental that's small enough is always a big (pun intended) problem for me - hence the additional complication. I can also totally just buy a case but that seems wasteful for a single use.

So! Does anyone here have a hard-shell case they would be excited to let me borrow for September 12-Oct 2 so I can go ride around Italy (like all the cool kids are doing these days)? I'm happy to pay a small "rental fee" in beer, baked treats, or an Italian souvenir of your choosing.

Thanks so much!
<3 Caitlin

---

Jeffrey Skokan

nieprzeczytany,
23 sie 2017, 22:03:2023.08.2017
do SF2G, caff...@colijn.ca, mailfor...@gmail.com
I have a hard shell case that I got from David Ahn.  It's a big case so I'm sure the airlines would love to charge you  $75 - $100 each way.

Ben Kochie

nieprzeczytany,
24 sie 2017, 03:15:0124.08.2017
do Jeffrey Skokan, SF2G, Peter Colijn, Caitlin Johnson
I just got the Db Tour case for my next trip to SF.  We'll see how that one works.

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 4:03 AM, Jeffrey Skokan <jsk...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a hard shell case that I got from David Ahn.  It's a big case so I'm sure the airlines would love to charge you  $75 - $100 each way.

---

Caitlin Johnson

nieprzeczytany,
24 sie 2017, 21:09:4624.08.2017
do Ben Kochie, Peter Colijn, SF2G, Jeffrey Skokan
This Evoc thing is actually starting to sound pretty compelling. Peter/Mark I'll follow up. Thanks!!!
Odpowiedz wszystkim
Odpowiedz autorowi
Przekaż
Nowe wiadomości: 0