Fri 8/11 Skyline-with-extra-climbing 0630 Cafeto S3-ish

Andrew Stadler

Aug 10, 2017, 9:16:13 PM8/10/17
to SF2G
Route: SEX+Hallmark/Crestview+Emerald Hills  (https://www.strava.com/activities/726883858)

Pace: I'm style II-ish on the flat parts but a slow climber.

Meet: I'll be leaving Cafeto (Mission/Richland) at 0630, which puts me at Alemany/Lyell at about 0640.

If you are looking for a "regular" (less-climby) Skyline, there's a point where I'll turn left and you'll turn right, but from there it's a perfect straight shot into Woodside.

--Andy

p.s. Shameless plug; I'm training for an annual fund-raising ride, and if you can donate, I would be very grateful:  https://2017russianriverride.everydayhero.com/us/you-know-for-the-kids

Mike Gregory

Aug 10, 2017, 9:32:32 PM8/10/17
to SF2G
Have only climbed Crestview from Edgewood. Will join if I'm not out too late tonight :)

Clare Eiluned

Aug 10, 2017, 11:28:58 PM8/10/17
to SF2G
Here?

Clare Eiluned

Aug 10, 2017, 11:35:59 PM8/10/17
to SF2G
Is it realistic to think that you'd be at Colma around 650? Would love to meet at Washington and San Pedro!

Andrew Stadler

Aug 10, 2017, 11:36:58 PM8/10/17
to Clare Eiluned, SF2G
I do 16mph or so average on Bayway. Not awful at climbing. Wondering about meeting up where Mission turns into San Pedro road. Could that work?

This works!

The only thing I don't have a good handle on is intercept time that far down. Looking at that track from last year, the rolling time was about 20 minutes from Cafeto, so I think if you aimed for Mission/San Pedro at about 0650 then neither of us would have to wait too long.

--Andy

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 8:28 PM, Clare Eiluned <clare....@gmail.com> wrote:
Here?

---

Clare Eiluned

Aug 10, 2017, 11:47:29 PM8/10/17
to SF2G
Ok cool! Where are you headed btw? I can find my way after the foothills mostly? I work in Sunnyvale so can grab Middlefield off Arrastradero

Andrew Stadler

Aug 11, 2017, 1:18:16 AM8/11/17
to Clare Eiluned, SF2G
I go to Google so we'll be heading exactly as you described into Mountain View.

Andy