OT who else is compulsively clicking the wow cyclothon twitter feed?

Eric Manuel

Jun 22, 2017, 5:04:33 PM6/22/17
to SF2G
I did get a kick out of the google translate of this:

Peter nálgast Klaustur og er hress og kátur eftir að mótvindurinn breyttist í meðvind.

Peter approaches the Monastery, and is refreshed and happy after the windswind turned into a wind turbine.

You get the gist.

:D

Ken Macinnis

Jun 22, 2017, 5:08:40 PM6/22/17
to there...@gmail.com, SF2G
Sounds like the Castle Anthrax!

---

Zak Jarvis

Jun 22, 2017, 5:14:55 PM6/22/17
to ken.ma...@gmail.com, there...@gmail.com, SF2G
I've got the live page open next to the Ride With GPS course so I can compare elevation and distance remaining.

Andrew Stadler

Jun 22, 2017, 5:45:53 PM6/22/17
to Zak Jarvis, Ken MacInnis, Eric Manuel, SF2G
Links?​

Zak Jarvis

Jun 22, 2017, 5:48:13 PM6/22/17
to Andrew Stadler, Ken MacInnis, Eric Manuel, SF2G
Ride With GPS version of the route to see elevation + distances
https://ridewithgps.com/trips/15473358

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 2:45 PM Andrew Stadler <sta...@gmail.com> wrote:
Links?​

Eric Manuel

Jun 22, 2017, 5:49:56 PM6/22/17
to SF2G, voidm...@gmail.com, ken.ma...@gmail.com, there...@gmail.com
The live page (doesn't work in chrome, oh the irony) http://www.wowcyclothon.is/en/follow

Here's a fun article.

Apparently there is a storm coming as well and there is a cutoff ( you can read that on facebook)

On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 2:45:53 PM UTC-7, Andy Stadler wrote:
Links?​

Zak Jarvis

Jun 22, 2017, 5:49:57 PM6/22/17
to Andrew Stadler, Ken MacInnis, Eric Manuel, SF2G
Hjólakraftur is a special team made up of kids & teenagers. They aren't racing so much as riding the course with support. Looks like they go at the same time as the solo entries so they don't have to contend with the traffic of a big peloton & supports.

David Goldsmith

Jun 22, 2017, 6:10:16 PM6/22/17
to sf...@googlegroups.com

Dave Borowitz

Jun 22, 2017, 7:03:02 PM6/22/17
to there...@gmail.com, SF2G, ken.ma...@gmail.com, voidm...@gmail.com

I've had no trouble with http://live.at.is/ (small country, short URLs)

Here's a fun article.

Apparently there is a storm coming as well and there is a cutoff ( you can read that on facebook)

Fortunately the area that's closing due to weather is like 200km behind Peter.

Faye

Jun 23, 2017, 3:35:10 PM6/23/17
to SF2G, there...@gmail.com, ken.ma...@gmail.com, voidm...@gmail.com
He won!! (Of course)
But hell, just surviving is an accomplishment without even considering how speedy he was!
All I can say is from looking at Christine's pic's of Peter, that I have NEVER in all the years I have known him seen him so bundled up, so it must be balls cold out there, not to mention the rains.
I can't wait to hear Peter's and Christine's and Chris's reports :)