Fri 8/11 HMBW 6:30 KFR S3+

Scott Perry

Aug 10, 2017, 1:58:10 PM8/10/17
to SF2G
Come join a Half Moon Bay Way with some slow climbers!

Starting out with San Jose -> Monterey -> Sloat -> Skyline

Clare Eiluned

Aug 10, 2017, 5:21:29 PM8/10/17
to SF2G
How long does this ride take? Will this really mean we get to work at 10:30am?

Alexandre Passos

Aug 10, 2017, 5:23:54 PM8/10/17
to Clare Eiluned, SF2G
10:30 is optimistic for HMBW to google at my pace

---

 - Alexandre

Scott Perry

Aug 10, 2017, 5:36:52 PM8/10/17
to alexan...@gmail.com, Clare Eiluned, SF2G
What Alex said.

My target is to arrive in Cupertino "before noon", so expectations are pretty low.

Nathan Dushman

Aug 10, 2017, 5:38:54 PM8/10/17
to SF2G
On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 2:21:29 PM UTC-7, Clare Eiluned wrote:
How long does this ride take? Will this really mean we get to work at 10:30am?

With a 6:30 departure time, I would guess you'll arrive at work closer to an hour later than that, 11:30, and if you haven't done it before (or even if you have), you shouldn't expect to be particularly productive once you're there ;)
It's 60 miles with some long climbs, so maintaining a 15mph average is a challenge. That's at least 4 hours of rolling time and you'll probably want at least half an hour of combined rest/stopped time as well.

Clare Eiluned

Aug 10, 2017, 5:40:40 PM8/10/17
to SF2G
Gonna save this one for a weekend I think. Is anyone calling a Skyline for tomorrow?

Aaron Hicks

Aug 10, 2017, 7:35:32 PM8/10/17
to SF2G
+1, intercept...somewhere(Monterey and Acadia?).  Cayugayell is really convenient for me and it looks like your path goes near there, so I'd like to pick a point nearby.  I think San Jose goes over Lyell, then just after that you can exit San Jose to Monterey.  The intersection of Monterey and Acadia is a block past the Glen Park BART and the confusing mess of Bosworth/San Jose/280/Monterey.  Does that work?

Glen Park Bart is the other place that jumps out as a possible intercept, but I'm not sure if you're actually going past it.

If yesterday's skyline is any indication, 6:45 is when you'll be rolling through.

Scott Perry

Aug 10, 2017, 8:32:34 PM8/10/17
to Aaron Hicks, SF2G
6:45 Monterey/Acacia intercept sounds good to me :)

Aaron Hicks

Aug 11, 2017, 9:17:56 AM8/11/17
to SF2G, aaron...@gmail.com
6:45 ETA to Monterey and Acadia:),