Wed 1/17 6:15 CR Royale s3

Alexandre Passos

Jan 16, 2018, 12:11:26 PM1/16/18
to SF2G
Yup, another s3 royale. Does anyone else want to be at their desk by 9am and still have an easy ride into work?

--
 - Alexandre

Jason Ally

Jan 16, 2018, 7:20:53 PM1/16/18
to SF2G
+1

Ben Leisure

Jan 16, 2018, 7:31:01 PM1/16/18
to SF2G
+1

Matt Cooper

Jan 16, 2018, 7:48:29 PM1/16/18
to SF2G

+0.9

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 4:31:01 PM UTC-8, Ben Leisure wrote:
+1

R Samuel Klatchko

Jan 16, 2018, 10:04:10 PM1/16/18
to SF2G
+.5

I've never done a Royale. Are they social at all or are they just a paceline the whole way?

Alexandre Passos

Jan 16, 2018, 10:05:08 PM1/16/18
to R Samuel Klatchko, SF2G
I'm happy to make this social

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 7:04 PM, R Samuel Klatchko <r.samuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
+.5

I've never done a Royale. Are they social at all or are they just a paceline the whole way?

---

 - Alexandre

Jason Ally

Hyan Park

Jan 16, 2018, 11:25:36 PM1/16/18
to jason...@gmail.com, R Samuel Klatchko, SF2G, alexan...@gmail.com
+something

Alexandre Passos

Jan 16, 2018, 11:29:18 PM1/16/18
to Hyan Park, Jason Ally, R Samuel Klatchko, SF2G
Exactly. We'll regroup at the top of the hill, regroup colma-ish, and then try to make the same set of lights.

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 8:25 PM, Hyan Park <hyan...@gmail.com> wrote:
+something

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 8:10 PM Jason Ally <jason...@gmail.com> wrote:
I’m fine with social, too. In my experience the hardest part of a Royale is keeping the group together to the top of Mission + the descent through Daly City and Colma. If we stick together through that then the rest is pretty friendly.

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 7:05 PM Alexandre Passos <alexan...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm happy to make this social

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 7:04 PM, R Samuel Klatchko <r.samuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
+.5

I've never done a Royale. Are they social at all or are they just a paceline the whole way?
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SF2G" group.

---

 - Alexandre

Chris Merrill

Andrew Stadler

Jan 17, 2018, 1:41:10 AM1/17/18
to Chris Merrill, Alexandre Passos, Hyan Park, Jason Ally, R Samuel Klatchko, SF2G
+1, if I can make it to Cafeto by 6:15.

For me, what will make it an s3 ride is if we drop people at lights or wait for them. I've seen, a few too many times, a group of riders accelerate through a yellow, leaving the one person who fell just a little behind to wait at a long signal. Once they're dropped, and held back by cross traffic, it's pretty hard for them to catch up.

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 9:25 PM, Chris Merrill <ch...@notspelledright.com> wrote:
[...]

Dan Padgett

Jan 17, 2018, 9:05:26 AM1/17/18
to SF2G
+1

Jason Ally

Jan 17, 2018, 1:06:06 PM1/17/18
to SF2G
Thanks again for the ride call, Alex. Glad we were able to keep everyone together all the way to Palo Alto!

On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 6:05:26 AM UTC-8, Dan Padgett wrote:
+1

Patrick Kitto

Jan 17, 2018, 2:07:58 PM1/17/18
to Alexandre Passos, R Samuel Klatchko, SF2G
A social Royale?!? what is this world coming to?

What happened to our forefather's (SCrosby) Royale vision of constant pain and anguish? gut wrenching, leg searing nearly style zero assault on common sense?

The kind that set full Royale KOMs and had you at breakfast in PA by 7:30?

The tandem Royale was truly a morning of greatness.And pain.

Alexandre Passos

Jan 17, 2018, 2:09:20 PM1/17/18
to Patrick Kitto, R Samuel Klatchko, SF2G
One day I'll be in good enough shape to do that. Until then I'll do the occasional social royale when I have early meetings :-)
--
 - Alexandre

Patrick Kitto

Jan 17, 2018, 2:16:27 PM1/17/18
to Alexandre Passos, R Samuel Klatchko, SF2G
you get faster by doing it. not not-doing it.

If you call it, the fitness will come. It might even precipitate a Chang sighting.

Maybe I'll call a Royale comeback some day I don't need to go into the office. See if we can get a Chang and/or Colijny pain train going. My track bike is starting to feel neglected.

Justin!

Jan 17, 2018, 2:19:09 PM1/17/18
to SF2G
Alex, I think this is a great call and I hope to join next time!

Patrick Kitto

Jan 17, 2018, 2:25:29 PM1/17/18
to Janos, SF2G
Have we also lost on-list heckling?

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 11:19 AM, Justin! <roja...@gmail.com> wrote:
Alex, I think this is a great call and I hope to join next time!

Alexandre Passos

Jan 17, 2018, 2:26:29 PM1/17/18
to Patrick Kitto, Janos, SF2G
Maybe when I get faster I'll get better at heckling...
(the on-list sandbagging is fine)
--
 - Alexandre

David Goldsmith

Jan 17, 2018, 4:27:48 PM1/17/18
to patric...@gmail.com, Janos, SF2G
The folks here probably don't recognize your name, since it's never associated with actual bike rides.

Patrick Kitto

Jan 17, 2018, 4:31:22 PM1/17/18
to David Goldsmith, Janos, SF2G
now THAT is some quality heckling.

Cheers to DGo for bringing back the OG flavor!

Christine Ryan

Jan 17, 2018, 4:33:24 PM1/17/18
to patric...@gmail.com, David Goldsmith, Janos, SF2G
+1 to that!!

On 1/17/18 11:25 AM, Patrick Kitto wrote:
Have we also lost on-list heckling?
On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 11:19 AM, Justin! <roja...@gmail.com> wrote:
Alex, I think this is a great call and I hope to join next time!

---
---

---
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Matthew Kenaston

Jan 17, 2018, 6:49:35 PM1/17/18
to SF2G
damn. mid-day entertainment value is high on this thread

Andrew Stadler

Jan 17, 2018, 8:35:33 PM1/17/18
to SF2G
Speaking of old-timers, and also relevant to today's social pace, we even had time for a brief discussion of donut shops along the way.

For those of you who were part of the conversation, search the archives for "bakeway", there were at least a couple of them.

--Andy

Matt Redmond

Jan 18, 2018, 2:23:06 AM1/18/18
to SF2G
Has the list ever considered a super-early team time trial Royale to set the KOM?

Patrick Kitto

Jan 18, 2018, 12:12:07 PM1/18/18
to Matt Redmond, SF2G
I fully an attack on the leader board. Start your interval training now., attack in the summer when school is out and you have less morning traffic.

The Tandem Royale had a 21.5 mph average speed. with a 75% quartile of 25.3 mph and didnt take the KOM. Four tandems driving the train with a half dozen bikes attacking off every stoplight.

Marcello and whoever AP is (that doesn't appear to strava anymore) have the KOM a couple of months before, and Rob Manchester is third riding solo on a saturday morning. Fourth and Fifth are Macieck and I, and we sandbanged the start to cherry pick the KOM on the tandem royale. We hung out at Cafeto an extra 30 seconds then caught up before the daly city climb.

---

Cordelia Link

Jan 18, 2018, 12:39:29 PM1/18/18
to SF2G
Why is the segment only to Belmont?

R Samuel Klatchko

Jan 18, 2018, 12:44:40 PM1/18/18
to Cordelia Link, SF2G
There's also a segment to Arastradero.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SF2G" group.

Patrick Kitto

Jan 18, 2018, 1:02:54 PM1/18/18
to Cordelia Link, SF2G
Because I made it, and often times only Royale'd to San Carlos. Top of the hill in Belmont is where I would peel off and wind down.

Wouldn't be too hard to make a full royal segment with an end point wherever is decided is 'full'. Id suggest the Palo Alto city limit sign to stick with race-ride sprint line tradition.

Jeffrey Skokan

Jan 19, 2018, 1:02:19 PM1/19/18
to SF2G
Yeah!  I remember the Tandem Royale.  I got dropped before we even reached Daly City.  It was both FAST and PAINFUL!