Wed 1/11 Slacker Colma 715 Alemanyell S2.5

Cordelia Link

Jan 10, 2017, 1:09:59 PM1/10/17
to SF2G, Alexandre Passos
Attempting to avoid:
- the rain (by leaving later)
- Tunnel (which was full of puddles yesterday)
- Crap on Skyline Blvd/280 (this is just speculation but maybe someone else can confirm)

Going to use extra caution for probable wet roads and surprise puddles so leave a bit more distance than usual and be ready to stop if necessary.

Alexandre Passos

Jan 10, 2017, 1:11:36 PM1/10/17
to Cordelia Link, SF2G
+1
--
 - Alexandre

Robert Griesmeyer

Jan 10, 2017, 5:44:17 PM1/10/17
to SF2G, alexan...@gmail.com
What's the final destination?  Googleplex?

Cordelia Link

Jan 10, 2017, 6:23:08 PM1/10/17
to SF2G, alexan...@gmail.com
Yes.

Sam Uong

Jan 10, 2017, 11:24:40 PM1/10/17
to cordel...@gmail.com, SF2G, alexan...@gmail.com

+1

Rob, not sure if you've done Colmaway before but it rejoins the normal Bayway route just north of the airport.

---

Peter Colijn

Jan 10, 2017, 11:47:55 PM1/10/17
to Sam Uong, Alexandre Passos, SF2G, cordel...@gmail.com
+1 might as well mix it up tomorrow

Parts of 35 and 280 do have a lot of debris right now. When the storm's over it'll be time for some caltrans tickets...

---

Viet-Trung Luu

Jan 10, 2017, 11:48:21 PM1/10/17
to Sam Uong, Cordelia Link, SF2G, Alexandre Passos
Who all has fenders (at least a rear fender)?

---

Alexandre Passos

Jan 10, 2017, 11:52:57 PM1/10/17
to Viet-Trung Luu, Sam Uong, Cordelia Link, SF2G
I only have one of those shitty seatpost things
--
 - Alexandre

Cordelia Link

Sam Uong

Jan 10, 2017, 11:58:01 PM1/10/17
to Cordelia Link, SF2G, alexan...@gmail.com

I also only have a shitty seatpost thing (and a shitty downtube thing)

Viet-Trung Luu

Jan 11, 2017, 12:01:28 AM1/11/17
to Cordelia Link, SF2G, Sam Uong, Alexandre Passos
If Alex's shitty seatpost thing is probably 60% better than nothing (from the point of view of a person following), I'd say a seat bag is at most 5%.

Viet-Trung Luu

Jan 11, 2017, 12:17:48 AM1/11/17
to Sam Uong, Cordelia Link, SF2G, Alexandre Passos
Assuming Peter is on his (fendered) rain bike, that makes 2.25/4, which I guess is fender quorum, so +1.

(Quite unconvinced that leaving a bit later helps avoid rain by much if any.)

Zak Jarvis

Jan 11, 2017, 1:16:11 AM1/11/17
to SF2G, alexan...@gmail.com
Not a +1, but I can confirm Skyline is a mess. It was full of branches and crud when I drove through this afternoon, then a *harder* storm hit.

Anywhere you're gonna ride near pines or cypress, be careful. Those trees all around here have been shedding incredible amounts of crap into the road. Hickey from Serramonte up to Skyline has looked lichen-encrusted for the last couple days.

Robert Griesmeyer

Jan 11, 2017, 1:35:25 AM1/11/17
to SF2G, alexan...@gmail.com
Sorry, I just realized that I don't know where the rollout starts.  It's not in the list of terms or routes.

Georgia Andrews

Jan 11, 2017, 1:38:49 AM1/11/17
to gri...@gmail.com, SF2G, Alexandre Passos
Also not a +1...

Alemanyell is the intersection of Alemany and Lyell, if you've done skyline leaving from the mission you've rolled through it. I forget what the corresponding Ritual rollout time is though.

---

-~-~-~-~-

Russ

Jan 11, 2017, 9:21:35 AM1/11/17
to SF2G
+1 fenders with extensions

Peter Colijn

Jan 11, 2017, 1:00:52 PM1/11/17
to Russell Vernick, SF2G
Great ride today. Nice to the see the sun again after a 4 day hiatus. Thanks for the pulls!

On 11 Jan 2017 06:21, "'Russ' via SF2G" <sf...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
+1 fenders with extensions

Alexandre Passos

Jan 11, 2017, 1:20:20 PM1/11/17
to caffeine, Russell Vernick, SF2G
Good ride!

(also someone should add "thanks for the pulls" to the terms page, as it doesn't mean what you think it means when peter says it...)
--
 - Alexandre