Saturday 4/22 8:30 am Santa Cruz Style 2 JBCR

Ted Lesher_

Apr 19, 2017, 1:24:18 PM4/19/17
to SF2G
Figure this may be a long shot- but anybody heading down to Santa Cruz this weekend and want to join me on a one way journey down there Saturday morning? I'd love some company! I'm staying with friends Saturday night so you'd have to have a way to get yourself back. It's about 80 miles and not too hilly straight down the 1 once you get past pacifica.

Mark Kahn

Apr 19, 2017, 3:29:31 PM4/19/17
to SF2G
Can't join this - it's a bit longer, but you might consider the route that Mission Cycling uses - Skyline down to Woodside, up Old La Honda, over to Pescadero, down 1.  Definitely adds time/distance/climbing but more varied terrain, less traffic, etc.  About 95 miles total.

Peter Colijn

Apr 19, 2017, 3:33:59 PM4/19/17
to Mark Kahn, SF2G
I also can't join, but if we're offering route suggestions: CA-1 -> (higgins/purisima OR verde/lobitos/tunitas) -> CA-35 -> CA-9 is also pretty nice.

But if you just want to get there, then yeah a straight shot down CA-1 is definitely efficient.

---

Ted Lesher_

Apr 19, 2017, 3:45:33 PM4/19/17
to SF2G, mark....@gmail.com
Thanks guys. To be honest my cycling fitness isn't super high right now due to lack of HTFU with the rains this winter so efficiency over 80 miles will be nice ha.

Robert Griesmeyer

Apr 20, 2017, 12:30:42 AM4/20/17
to SF2G
Looks awesome.  +1 if I'm in town.  I might go camping that weekend.  + 0.3

Ted Lesher_

Apr 21, 2017, 9:02:09 PM4/21/17
to SF2G
Robert will you be joining? If not will skip the cafe so let me know. Thanks!

Robert Griesmeyer

Apr 21, 2017, 9:47:55 PM4/21/17
to ted.p....@gmail.com, SF2G
Hi Ted,

No, I can't.  Sorry to keep you hanging there.  It looks like an awesome ride.  I will do it some day.  Have a great time!

Rob

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 6:02 PM, Ted Lesher_ <ted.p....@gmail.com> wrote:
Robert will you be joining? If not will skip the cafe so let me know. Thanks!
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SF2G" group.

Thanks,
Robert Griesmeyer