OT: Google Bicyclists

John Murphy

Jan 3, 2017, 12:17:36 PM1/3/17
to sf...@googlegroups.com
http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/01/02/roadshow-confusion-leads-to-driving-across-light-rail-tracks/

I have been meaning to comment about Google bicyclists who I see
whenever I walk at Shoreline Boulevard which is several times a year. In
all that time, I literally have never seen a single Google bicyclist
wearing a helmet. As a retired ER doc, I find that beyond stupid, as all
it takes to turn what would be an otherwise benign fall and hitting
one’s head on pavement or curb into a fatal accident is riding without a
helmet. I just don’t get it as these are all very bright people who can
well afford to buy a good helmet.
V. Patton
Saratoga

A Maybe not bright enough, eh? In California, anyone under the age of 18
must wear a helmet when riding a bicycle on a street, bikeway or public
bike path or trail. This includes kids who sit in restraining seats or
are being towed in a trailer.