5d1w.HMB day 4 (may 26) - PotA + purisima - 0615 cr - style II

Peter Colijn

May 25, 2016, 4:55:41 PM5/25/16
to SF2G
0620 alemanyell intercept.

My plan is to roll callan + sharp park out of the city to save a bit of time. Regroups and friendly at least until the bottom of purisima. Depending on time I might have to take off at the top.

Alexandre Passos

May 25, 2016, 5:00:19 PM5/25/16
to Peter Colijn, SF2G
+1 @ alemanyell

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 1:55 PM, Peter Colijn <caff...@colijn.ca> wrote:
0620 alemanyell intercept.

My plan is to roll callan + sharp park out of the city to save a bit of time. Regroups and friendly at least until the bottom of purisima. Depending on time I might have to take off at the top.

---

 - Alexandre

Ryan Minobe

May 25, 2016, 5:05:39 PM5/25/16
to SF2G
+1

Sam Burnett

May 25, 2016, 7:03:42 PM5/25/16
to caff...@colijn.ca, SF2G
+0.5 from Alemanyell

Martin S

May 25, 2016, 9:21:17 PM5/25/16
to SF2G
+1

Martin S

May 26, 2016, 1:16:21 AM5/26/16
to SF2G
-1

11am meeting. Funny how this is a show stopper.

Ryan Minobe

May 26, 2016, 1:17:42 AM5/26/16
to Martin Scholz, SF2G

I'd like to think 11 meeting with this route and your legs is doable

On May 25, 2016 10:16 PM, "Martin S" <martin....@gmail.com> wrote:
-1

11am meeting. Funny how this is a show stopper.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SF2G" group.

Sam Burnett

May 26, 2016, 2:34:38 AM5/26/16
to caff...@colijn.ca, SF2G
-0.4, unlikely to join.

Martin S

May 26, 2016, 2:35:17 AM5/26/16
to SF2G, martin....@gmail.com
Right, definitely doable.
The most recent rides suggest ~ 4:30h elapsed time for HMBWs though, which is cutting it very close already for a 6:20 rollout.
This leaves little to no margin for mechanicals or any extra time for PotA.

Ryan Minobe

May 26, 2016, 2:20:57 PM5/26/16
to SF2G, martin....@gmail.com
Another great HMBW, thanks for the great company, the pulls and the snacks!

Peter Colijn

May 26, 2016, 2:22:56 PM5/26/16
to Martin Scholz, SF2G
For reference I rolled in at 1035, but yeah that doesn't leave much buffer especially if you want to be showered etc. by 11.

Peter Colijn

May 26, 2016, 2:26:39 PM5/26/16
to Ryan Minobe, Christine Windsor, SF2G, Martin Scholz
Snacks were courtesy of Christine!

Thanks for coming, that was fun!

Ryan Minobe

May 26, 2016, 2:29:35 PM5/26/16
to SF2G, rmi...@gmail.com, chri...@colijn.ca, martin....@gmail.com
And for whatever reason (possibly lack of sugar) here is the video of what I thought was the hilarious movement of Alex's saddle bag.

Alexandre Passos

May 26, 2016, 3:21:52 PM5/26/16
to Ryan Minobe, SF2G, Christine Windsor, Martin Scholz
Thanks for the ride!

Unlike Peter I think I am hitting may-rock-bottom today, so I rolled in at ~11:10. This should give you a reasonable estimate of the variance (and remember that without repeatedly waiting for us peter might have been able to make your 10:30 and have coffee before it).
--
 - Alexandre

Ryan Minobe

May 26, 2016, 3:31:53 PM5/26/16
to SF2G, rmi...@gmail.com, chri...@colijn.ca, martin....@gmail.com
Peter's bottom bracket has for sure hit rock bottom.

ammon

May 26, 2016, 3:38:36 PM5/26/16
to SF2G, rmi...@gmail.com, chri...@colijn.ca, martin....@gmail.com
"While I don't understand why some people do not cinch the straps of their saddle bags and instead let them dangle half a foot beneath their saddles like truck nutz, the fact is that it really doesn't inconvenience me and any displeasure I derive from it is really my own problem. Furthermore, if I want to rid myself of this displeasure, I cannot expect the world to refrain from riding with low-hanging saddle bags; rather, I have to look deep within myself and understand why it bothers me and then address that problem. It's foolish to think I can geld the bicycles of the world, and what is an irritant to me may simply be "scrotastic" to someone else."

Chris Merrill

May 26, 2016, 3:40:15 PM5/26/16
to skidp...@gmail.com, SF2G, rmi...@gmail.com, chri...@colijn.ca, martin....@gmail.com
You still have a chance! http://www.balls.bike/

Alexandre Passos

May 26, 2016, 3:43:01 PM5/26/16
to Chris Merrill, ammon skidmore, SF2G, Ryan Minobe, Christine Windsor, Martin Scholz
I've tried to tighten that saddlebag but I've so far been unsuccessful at getting it to stay put. I don't really like it that much anyway so I'll probably get a new one soon.

Since this thread is already derailed, what do you guys use and like? (to store tube + spare brake pads + co2 + tire levers + multi-tool + patch kit, not to store jackets and food and a tent and such).
 - Alexandre

Ryan Minobe

May 26, 2016, 3:49:29 PM5/26/16
to Alexandre Passos, Chris Merrill, ammon skidmore, SF2G, Christine Windsor, Martin Scholz
For the record, your swinging bag does not annoy, but rather entertain me.  I use the topeak aero wedge micro and carry tube, levers, multi-tool, patch kit, extra chain pin, contact lens, boot material (used to carry co2 and inflator as well).

Alexandre Passos

Nov 9, 2016, 9:20:32 PM11/9/16
to SF2G
And in a thread ressurection, I bought this bag after this ride and it lasted < 5 months with me. Soon after buying it I put needle-nose pliers in it which despite being tightly packed managed to rattle enough to poke a small hole. Then (after not doing that anymore) over the next 2 months the strap that velcroes onto the seat post managed to slowly break (it has two attachment points and the last attachment point finally gave way this sunday, leaving the bag very floppy).

So here goes another episode of alex-destroys-all-bike-equipment...

---

 - Alexandre

--
 - Alexandre

Peter Colijn

Nov 9, 2016, 9:24:01 PM11/9/16
to Alexandre Passos, SF2G
Was it the same one Bonnie has? Hers seems to be holding up...

Cordelia Link

Nov 9, 2016, 11:06:23 PM11/9/16
to SF2G
I also got the same bag and mine seems fine :p

Alexandre Passos

Apr 30, 2017, 1:08:46 AM4/30/17
to Alexandre Passos, SF2G
One more episode of my saddle bag saga: the ortlieb mini (micro?) I got was doing great until the spring classic when it started ejecting itself on the bumpier descents (twice! I even lost some people I was drafting because of it).
--
 - Alexandre