fri jan 5 - ffff - 0630 kfr - bayway - style IV nrlb

Peter Colijn

Jan 3, 2018, 5:52:36 PM1/3/18
to SF2G
It's that time again, folks!

This is a no-rider-left-behind ride (NRLB). I'm going to Waymo (near Google) in MTV. If you are going somewhere else, and this is your first time, you'll need to know how to get from our route (http://sf2g.com/bayway.html) to your final destination.

NOTE: this ride will happen rain or shine.

Leaving promptly at 06:30 from Kahnfections (20th street b/t Shotwell and Folsom) -- show up at least 15 minutes early if you want coffee/snacks/etc.

If you're joining for the first time, awesome! Welcome! Here are some helpful hints and tips for your first time:
- inflate and check tires the *night before*
- bring a spare tube, make sure it is the right kind for your wheels
- know how to fix a flat tire, bring necessary stuff (tire levers, pump or CO2, etc.)

More:

See you on Friday!

Alexandre Passos

Jan 4, 2018, 11:47:17 AM1/4/18
to caffeine, SF2G
+1. Even if it rains it looks like it won't be cold so it should be fine.

---

 - Alexandre

Jeffrey Skokan

Jan 4, 2018, 6:40:07 PM1/4/18
to SF2G
+1 for part of the way before heading back to SF.  From the weather websites, looks like 50/50 chance of rain and mid-50s temp-wise.

 - Alexandre

Dinesh Rathinasamy Thangavel

Jan 5, 2018, 1:14:08 AM1/5/18
to SF2G
+1, if I can join from milbrae !

Dinesh Rathinasamy Thangavel

Jan 5, 2018, 1:14:08 AM1/5/18
to SF2G
Hi everyone ! I am a first timer doing bayway.  I would like to know if i can join you guys from Milbrae ? If so, kindly post me the time and meeting point for that.

 - Alexandre

Peter Colijn

Jan 5, 2018, 1:41:22 AM1/5/18
to rtdin...@gmail.com, SF2G
Hi Dinesh,

I think your best bet would be to meet us at the water stop here:

Timing it always a bit hard to predict but I think we'll be there between 745 and 8 tomorrow.

Dinesh Rathinasamy Thangavel

Jan 5, 2018, 2:13:38 AM1/5/18
to SF2G
Thanks Peter ! i am mostly fine with the plan, i am just worried about the rains tomorrow. Since its my first time, probably i should try when the weather is clear.

Patrick Lea

Jan 5, 2018, 2:49:23 AM1/5/18
to rtdin...@gmail.com, SF2G
Note on Millbrae start is to start on the BART (east) side near the planters and instead of crossing Broadway on Rollins you want to roll under Broadway by leaving running parallel to the tracks going south then a left where that ends (after snaking along) then you take a right onto Rollins. Just a lot more pleasant. Here is a link to the route https://www.strava.com/activities/296095246.

Peter Colijn

Jan 5, 2018, 9:33:36 AM1/5/18
to Patrick Lea, rtdin...@gmail.com, SF2G
Assembled crowd has decided to roll bex instead of traditional bayway, in case anyone's lurking on Cortland.