OT: looking for an alloy 27.2mm seatpost

Nathan Dushman

Apr 19, 2018, 12:49:38 PM4/19/18
to SF2G
Anyone have a spare 27.2mm metal seatpost? I have a child trailer with a hitch that wraps around the seatpost, and on one aluminum-frame bike I'd like to use to tow it, the seatpost is annoyingly wrapped in carbon-fiber with a metal core so I'm concerned the trailer attachment will damage the carbon outer layer. I thought I could use the seatpost from my mountain bike but after two days of trying it and finding that the seat kept sliding around, I noticed that that seatpost is 1mm smaller (26.2mm), which explains why I couldn't get it to clamp tight enough. (Fortunately this doesn't seem to have done any serious damage, although the correct-sized seatpost no longer slides in quite as smoothly.)

Of course a new alloy seatpost is cheap, but figured I'd try asking here first.

Thanks!

Nathan